Searching for a qualified Design Engineer to become an integral Product Development team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in Western NY with revenues exceeding $500M worldwide.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE:
• This position will have ITAR / EAR Responsibilities
• Responsible for component and systems design of products to meet all applicable internal, customer and legal requirements. Typical components include, but are not limited to, injection molded thermoplastic and thermoset parts, die cast metal components, metal stampings and molded rubber / elastomers.
• Responsible for the overall product design and packaging and the integration of components developed by other functional areas including Electronic Engineering and Optics Engineering,
• Create 3D models and 2D drawings utilizing GD&T practices for components and assemblies. Evaluate and select / specify materials and finishes for all components
• Develop component and product verification and validation plans
• Contribute to continuous improvement efforts by developing and implementing solutions for existing products that result in improved quality and/or lower cost
• Ensure that all design activities are completed on time, within quoted costs, and are effectively documented in accordance with New Product Introduction ( NPI ) and TS processes and procedures
• Develop detailed engineering solutions that are innovative, robust and incorporate the latest materials, processes and technologies
• Schedule and participate in customer visits and presentations as required.
• Analyze facts or conditions to take regular independent action to achieve established goals or objectives.
• Compliance with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation.
• Minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Plastics Engineering
• 3-5 years of related product design and development experience
• 3D modeling experience, preferably using Siemens NX / Unigraphics, CATIA
• Knowledge in the development and design of plastic parts
• Project Management experience ( MS Project ) and PC skills (MS Word, Excel, Access)
• Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements of this position, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status)
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
• Hiring salary highly competitive with fantastic benefits package, bonus structure, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
Electronics Design Engineer
Fredonia, NY - export, pcb, design engineer, switch, electronics,...
Fredonia, NY - molding, injection, mold, plastic,...
System Design Engineer
East Aurora, NY - design engineer, engineer, validation, design,...
Product Design Engineer
Jamestown, NY - design engineer, sheet metal, solidworks, metal,...
Project Manager - HVAC/Mechanical Projects
Buffalo, NY - hvac, mechanical, design engineer, project,...
East Aurora, NY - design engineer, aerospace, engineer, simulation,...
Buffalo, NY - design engineer, electrical engineer, aerospace,...