JOB ID: Project Manager 3 (#472567).
Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: 12 Months with good possibility of extension.
Interview: Either WebCam or in-person.
Number of positions: 1
Resumes need to be submitted by Wednesday 11/9 ! This may be extended.
Interviews: The client plans to schedule interviews for this position Wednesday 11/16, Thursday 11/17 and Friday 11/18. Please confirm your candidate will be available to interview any of those days if selected.
Experienced Senior Project Manager for managing multiple complex IT Infrastructure (primarily Data Center related) projects/programs with strong communication skills. Follows project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
Years of Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
This position is for a senior experienced project manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) programs /projects supporting DTMB - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to I T Infrastructure (primarily Data Center) as prioritized by State.
Example of Data Center projects are: Data Center Rack lockdown, File Transfer Authentication Reset, 208V to 480V upgrade, Secure Communication, Hosting center Exterior Security etc.
Project manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide project management for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
• Define project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
• Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
• Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Changepoint) on all projects.
• Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Acts as a program manager for large complex enterprise IT Security initiatives.
• Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
Question: Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?
Question: Please list candidate's email address that will be used when submitting E-RTR.
Question: Provide details of your experience working as Project Manager on IT Infrastructure related projects/programs.
Question: Provide details of your experience working on Project and Portfolio management tool. e.g. Changepoint, Microsoft Project etc.
Question: Candidate will be required to go through and pass a background check (includes Fingerprint background check).
Question: Work location is Lansing. Candidates must have reliable transportation and any mileage, parking, or other travel-related expenses will not be reimbursed by CAI or State of Michigan. Please confirm you have discussed this with your candidate and he/she accepts this requirement.
Question: "Experienced Senior Project Manager for managing multiple complex IT Infrastructure (primarily Data Center related) projects/programs with strong communication skills. Follows project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework."
Please verify your candidate has Data Center-related
background - and is a Sr. level PM.
The client plans to schedule interviews for this position November 16-18. Please confirm your candidate will be available to interview any of those days if selected.
Lansing, MI - project manager, project, it, enterprise, pmp,...
Lansing, MI - project, project manager, project management,...
Project Manager 3
Lansing, MI - project, project manager, pmp, itil,...
Lansing, MI - project manager, project, manager,...
DevOps Docker Engineer
Phoenix, AZ - skype, photo, devops, engineer, interview, release,...
Application Security Architect
Lansing, MI - application, security, architect, architecture,...
Richmond, VA - peoplesoft, skype, administrator, candidate, start,...