Position Summary Statement:
The Controller will be responsible for oversight of finance, accounting and general administration activities across the company. As a key member of the CEO’s Leadership Team, the Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations with functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, contract administration and administration while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions. The Controller will ensure that the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with leaders and their staffs to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general and entity accounting, cost accounting etc.
• Maintain internal control, processes and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures; oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Monitor financial transactions and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including P&L with variance analysis
• Guide financial decisions and protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and internal controls.
• Monitor and confirm corporate-wide financial conditions by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors; coordinate all audit activity.
• Monitor and maintain all contractual agreements.
• Ensure sound cash management and supervision of all bank accounts, including checking, and investment (domestic and foreign).
• Maintain employee files and benefits, including insurance, IRA, and flexible spending in accordance with plan and statutory requirements.
• Manage the annual budgeting and planning process; prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Manage general liability and related property insurance. Act as liaison with all relevant brokers and ensure compliance.
• Produce and interpret monthly and quarterly financial information and reports, including balance sheets, cash flow analyses and giving reports as needed; provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintain financial and administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintain financial and administrative staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• 7+ years of accounting, audit and finance experience in a for-profit, privately held, entrepreneurial business. Software, data/content, or technology preferred.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, state, federal and multi-national tax reporting.
• Strong understanding of accounting procedures to generate consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, proactive, organized, discretion, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for finance and administration.
• Minimum of a BA; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• Proven experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
• Technology savvy with experience using Peachtree accounting and reporting software; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Experience using Sage 50 a plus
• Possess knowledge of basic GAAP.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data.
• Detail oriented self-starter with a willingness to take ownership and follow through
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
• The controller will have at least three direct reports.
Controller - BioLite Global
New York, NY - controller, solar, treasury, quickbooks,...
Corporate Controller Restaurant Company
Greenwich, CT - controller, cfo, accountant, spanish...
CFO - Non-Profit, to
Westchester County, NY - cfo, accounting, ceo, mba, financial, finance,...
CFO - MANDARIN, SALARY DOE
Westchester County, NY - cfo, mandarin, accounting, lingual, gaming, bi,...
Controller - to
Westchester County, NY - controller, bookkeeper, quickbooks, sheet,...
Branch CFO Associate - Client Advisory Center
Purchase, NY - cfo, monthly, management, coo, reporting, hyperion,...
Controller - Highed Ed, to
Westchester County, NY - controller, cfo, accounting, payable, receivable,...