The office manager performs a full range of administrative support duties of a confidential and challenging nature. Facilitates work flow through a manager's office using organizational knowledge to determine how to handle incoming requests and assignments, including work going to and from other managers. Typically reports to an executive or head of a major function; may perform a variety of duties commensurate with this level (i.e. develop and maintain intranet web sites, assist with administration and negotiation of car programs, submitting financial reports, assist with system and procedures definition, administers payroll). May receive project work consistent with the skills and skill level found in the jobs other work.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Researches, resolves, and responds to general and semi-complex customer concerns; escalates complex questions for resolution.
• Retrieves records or data and distributes information as appropriate in order to provide timely and accurate information to department members or external customers.
• Gathers and summarizes data from various sources in order to complete reports and special projects.
• Performs analysis of complex nature on information received, and researches or resolves issues following prescribed procedures.
• Conveys supervisor's instructions and requirements to others, and exchanges information with senior managers on the supervisor's behalf.
• Updates and maintains databases, systems applications or files to ensure accurate and current information is available for use by others.
• Schedules meetings, coordinates travel arrangements, and maintains appointment calendars on behalf of department managers or supervisors; may coordinate meeting amenities (i.e. refreshments, etc.).
• Drafts and types letters and memoranda and prepares documents for distribution.
• Maintains and updates established web sites with the assistance of basic web publishing software applications.
Experience and Education
• Candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience as an office manager
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong communication, planning, time management, and people/teamwork skills are required for a successful candidate.
• Must be able to problem solve and work with remote or limited guidance on occasion.
• HS Diploma Required, Associates or Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Orthodontic Office Manager
Washington, DC - office manager, doctor, office, manager, hr, dc,...
(OM) Office Manager - Financial Tech
Washington, DC - office manager, admin, office, hr, financial,...
Gallery Support Specialist
Washington, DC - collector, education, office manager, application,...
Bookkeeper Office Manager
Washington, DC - office manager, bookkeeper, quickbooks, hr,...
Washington, DC - attorney, office manager, office management,...
Washington, DC - office manager, office assistant, escort,...
Washington, DC - office assistant, office manager, office,...