Come Play in California’s Backyard…
The Community - Visalia, CA
Nestled in the foothills below the majestic Sierra Nevada, Visalia is the Gateway of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. The city's charm and strong community welcome newcomers year-round for an lifestyle filled with live entertainment, stunning art, rich history, and world-class restaurants. Savor the city's fresh farm to fork cuisine at one of many sidewalk cafes, take a stroll in the quaint Downtown district, tour the richest agricultural region in the United States, browse boutiques and antiques, having a hiking, biking, rafting, or snowshoeing adventure, and relax with a glass of local wine. With beautiful weather, friendly people, and hundreds of explorations to be had, all we need now is the explorer. Once a creek side settlement, Visalia has become a thriving community that takes pride in the small town feel and high quality of life that accompanies its big city amenities.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
• Must be able to periodically serve as clinician-of-the-day by being available for on-call during scheduled work days for patient emergencies;
• Expected to work effectively and cooperatively with staff from all classifications in order to enhance the quality of professional working relationships;
• Conducts initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychological, and substance abuse case history to assess inmate’s current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation;
• Conducts clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical review, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed;
• Meets with mentally ill for crisis intervention, group psychotherapy, face-to-face interviews, etc. May be required to provide clinical, face-to-face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances;
• Identify the relevant signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders in order to comprehensively assess, diagnose, and manage the presenting symptomatology;
• Effectively applies psychological assessments in the selection, administration, scoring and interpretation of the continuum of psychological tests;
• Writes clinical reports regarding diagnoses, prognoses and develops treatment plans that reflect the standard of practice;
• Consults on complex cases with supervisor, treatment team members, and with CDCR institutional healthcare personnel, and other divisions within the department;
• Documents all care provided to the inmate, including face-to-face contacts and Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (IOTTs) meetings;
• Monitors inmate progress using Subjective Assessment Plan Evaluation (SOAPE) FORMATTED PROGRESS NOTES;
• Effectively applies community standard of practice for the selection and effective implementation of psychological treatment modalities and maintains ethical standards;
• Performs mental status exam (MSE) in face-to-face interviews;
• Examines prior mental health records, institutional chromos, probation reports, court records and other available documents to assist in the formulation of patient’s diagnosis and aid in the development of the inmate’s treatment plans;
• Establishes collaborative ties with community programs, groups, agencies, board and care homes, etc. to develop supportive community relationships as assigned and approved by the supervisor;
• Conducts mental health education and develops additional resources for mentally ill and sex offender inmates/wards;
• Assist patient-inmates/youths in applying for entitlement benefits (SSI), community programs, and services;
• Participates in IDTT meetings;
• Compiles and analyzes data from audits pertaining to the mental health program requirements;
• Provide information (i.e. appointment documentation, no-shows, etc.) to support staff for data entry;
• Provides written reports and consults with the Board of Prison Hearing and other CDCR staff;
• Provide relatives/caregivers with information concerning patients in person, by phone, or by correspondence only after receiving the inmate’s signed release of information for that specific individual;
• Develop a therapeutic relationship with the patient-inmates/youths, families and caretakers, as assigned and approved by the supervisor, in order to enhance effective treatment delivery.
• Represents the department at formal and informal settings regarding mental health matters;
• Maintains order and supervises the conduct of persons committed to the correctional facility in order to prevent escapes or injury by these persons to themselves or others;
• Gives input and helps to implement new programs for the treatment, training or rehabilitation of patient-inmates/youths;
• Comprehends and adheres to CA and CDCR la, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding the patient’s confidentiality, written and electronic medical record documentation and the release of patient records;
• When conditions are suspected, adheres to mandated reporting requirements regard CA Psychologists such as reported child abuse, elder abuse, danger to self or other; Tarasoff reporting and other confidentiality mandates.
• Completion of a PsyD or PhD program from an accredited school.
• Must have and maintain a current license to practice as a Psychologist issued by the State of California Board.
• Must have and maintain current 1st Aid and CPR Certification from American Heart Association (AHA) or Red Cross.
• Minimum of twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years performing services similar in scope to those defined herein, in a public or private institution. Internship does not count towards the required experience.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
CA - psychology, psychologist, officer, air, clinical,...
Delano, CA - psychologist, correctional, psychiatric,...
Delano, CA - correctional, psychologist, network, labor, staff,...
Delano, CA - psychologist, mental health, mental, chief,...
Personal Service Coordinator I - Swing Shift
CA - vacancies, turning, mental health, mental, crisis,...
OR RN Travel Nurse - Visalia, CA
Visalia, CA - agricultural, west, cell, city, office, robotic,...
Corcoran, CA - psychology, hr, independent contractor,...