Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Must be a US Citizen
• Implement Project Management processes and tools by contributing to the process and providing guidelines to support the project.
• Assist the Planning Department in developing project proposals, job estimates and schedules.
• Able to delegate responsibilities between Assistant Project Managers assigned directly to the Project Manager, by contributing input to Senior Leadership as a recommendation to who should make up the Project Team.
• Able to assemble, plan, lead and facilitate regular cross-functional Project Team meetings with company personnel, our Sub Contractors, as well as representatives from our customers and the US Navy.
• Able to develop detailed task list, work effort assessment, including short and long-term resource allocation plans based on inputs from Senior Managers and Team members.
• Able to identify changes in work scope to ensure appropriate planning measures are being taken within the Planning, Estimating, Production and Contracts Departments, including the customers inputs for reassessing, renegotiating, and amending the scope of work, schedules and budgets.
• Must be able to identify, assess and analyze with the Team, any risk and/or issues that may compromise the successful completion of the project, and develop plans/actions that will remove this risk. Able to provide leadership when schedule / production conflicts may occur and the Team is looking for resolution.
• Capable of leading 3 to 5 assigned Project Managers and/or Assistant Project Managers.
• Typically has a BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or a related academic field or AA/AS plus 2 years directly related experience or 6 years directly related experience.
• Preferred minimum of six (6) years of shipboard repair experience within a Public or Private shipyard (Prior military experience with the US Navy in an engineering or directly related field would qualify).
• Must have a minimum of six (6) years' experience managing technical personnel within complex activities or shipboard availabilities.
• Must have experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point while being able to navigate in the computer server environment.
• Experience of working within a "Cost Type" or "Fixed Type" Contract is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
• Must have a valid driver's license, with reliable, insurable transportation and willing to carry a "business" rider if necessary while using this vehicle when accomplishing company business activities.
• Able to gain access to Government facilities, and able to obtain a Security clearance once employed by NASSCO-Earl Industries. Must be able to gain access to all work locations, including government and private ship yards/vessels.
• Able to work nights and weekends during peak workloads or as requested by Senior Management. Must be willing to travel and manage ship repair availabilities in remote, out-of-state locations for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment- including a respirator. To be considered for this position you must email or fax a complete up to date resume.
Norfolk, VA - project manager, project, dec, 2nd, manager,...
Software Project Manager
Newport News, VA - project manager, project, .net, technical lead,...
Technology Project Manager
Norfolk, VA - pmp, project, project manager, civil, engineering,...
Project Specialist Exteriors
Hampton, VA - salesperson, project, construction, sales, hampton,...
Junior Project Manager - Entry Level
Virginia Beach, VA - junior, project manager, project, manager,...
Junior Project Manager - Entry Level
Virginia Beach, VA - project manager, junior, project, manager,...
PMP Project Manager
Virginia Beach, VA - pmp, worked, project manager, project, manager,...