Instant Consulting Inc. is looking for a Network Engineer for a large professional services client located in Lincolnshire, IL.
Main responsibilities are:
* Plan, design, implement and maintain wireless networks to meet the business needs of a large enterprise.
* Develop and recommend solutions to enhance system performance and stability.
* Program and install wireless products from HPE-Aruba and others as required.
* Maintain Aruba equipment and perform system upgrades including code and hardware upgrades and equipment moves.
* Implement and manage rouge detection and containment, and other security requirements as recommended by information security leadership.
* Find ways to fine-tune existing wireless networks by adjusting RF settings, Client Matching, band steering and adjusting/changing areas of the network to provide optimal wireless solutions to the end-user population.
* Write scripts to resolve support issues or automate infrastructure deployment and collect metrics.
* Document every new and existing site with network diagrams, management IP addresses, hardware lists, backup running-configuration and other information needed to troubleshoot any wireless issues.
* Implement rouge detection and containment, and other security requirements as recommended by information security leadership.
Job qualifications are:
* Bachelor-level computer engineering or computer science degree or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of experience with Aruba WLAN infrastructure in large scale global deployments.
* 5+ years of experience with 802.1x, RADIUS, EAP-TLS WLAN standards.
* 5+ years of experience with TCP/IP internals and the ability to analyze packet captures.
* 2+ years of experience with Airmagnet or other site survey software.
* 3+ years of experience with LAN/WAN technologies, MPLS, IPsec, VPN, BGP and OSPFRF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills.
* Thorough understanding of wireless authentication, security and network management.
* Experience designing and deploying key wireless applications including mobility, VOIP, location-based services, and guest wireless.
* Experience with packet capture and analysis products such as Wireshark.
* Experience in utilizing industry standard network management tools such as Solarwinds and Nagios.
* Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper.
Job Type: Contract
Senior Wireless Design&Amp Implementation Engineer - Contract To Hire
Lincolnshire, IL - wireless, network engineer, network, cisco,...
Wireless Certified Network Engineer
Lincolnshire, IL - rf, network engineer, wireless, engineer, mpls,...
Senior Wireless Design &Amp Implementation Engineer - Contract To Hire
Lincolnshire, IL - network engineer, wireless, cisco, engineer,...
Senior Network Architect/Engineer
IL - voip, cisco, network engineer, wan, lan,...
Senior Wireless Network Engineer
Lincolnshire, IL - rf, network engineer, controller, wireless, voip,...
Sr Network Engineer
Lake Forest, IL - network engineer, cabling, cisco, network, voip,...
Sr Network Engineer
Lake Forest, IL - network engineer, cisco, cabling, voip, network,...