Position: System Administrator (Ref: 1878)
Location: Harrisburg,PA,17101,United States
Duration: 10 Months 19 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $30.17/hr
Application Deadline: 11/17/16 at 2 pm EST
**Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area.**
**This requisition requires In-Person first round interviews only.**
This position will be primarily focused on Windows Server administration, along with supporting various other technologies. Will also be responsible for evaluating, preparing and recommending technical solutions, as well as troubleshooting complex problems with a wide variety of applications.
• Participates in Plan/Design overall architecture
• LAN/WAN networks within a server environment
o Provides detailed specifications and schematic engineering drawings for server enhancements and modifications. Develops documentation for configuration of all server components including setup, installation, and overall deployment of all server hardware and software.
o Determines server sizing and configuration, printer configuration, bandwidth analysis and capacity planning.
o Assists in the development of configuration standards.
o Develops new procedures and forms to improve efficiency.
o Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades to all server hardware, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
• Works directly with staff in coordination and deployment of projects.
o Work with partners and employees including IT coordinators in deployment activities.
o Works closely with Application Teams to deploy code/applications through multiple environments.
o Attend meetings with developers, users, and partners.
• Performs Network Management functions using various management and monitoring tools available including sophisticated network management systems.
o Monitors network performance and provides network statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
• Provides direct support for network/Server issues.
o Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
o Responds to network/server related trouble calls including hardware and software.
o Develops procedures and scripts for Help Desk.
o Use software such as Remedy to report, track and resolve issues.
o Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
o Assists service providers in resolving service calls.
• Proactively plans for business continuity and disaster avoidance.
o Creates/updates disaster recovery plans.
o Participates in disaster recovery drills.
• Provide all required information to assure a complete and accurate equipment inventory.
o Receive, check in, and inventory equipment. Report all inventory transfers.
o Report equipment model, serial numbers and warranty information to BIS equipment inventory coordinator.
• Perform related duties as required.
Required / Desired Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or a minimum of 3 years of experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field (Required 4 Years)
• Specific knowledge required: Windows Server 2008 & 2012 R2, behIBM Lotus Domino Server, IBM WebSphere, MS SQL Server, network security. (Required 1 Years)
• In-depth knowledge of PC operations, printer operations, file server operations, print server operations, and network operations. (Required 1 Years)
• Strong knowledge of Windows, Windows products, personal computer software set up/installation, PC connectivity products and PC hardware connectivity. (Required 1 Years)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). (Required 1 Years)
• Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines. (Required 1 Years)
• A willingness to work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the LANs and WANs. (Required 1 Years)
• Effective verbal communication skills to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, & various personnel. (Required 1 Years)
• Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed. (Required 1 Years)
• Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. (Required 1 Years)
• High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required. (Required 1 Years)
• Working Conditions Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required (Required 1 Years)
• Work may require lifting equipment/supplies Work may require travel to and from the various locations. (Required 1 Years)
• MS Windows Server 2008 or 2012 R2 Experience (environment of 30+ Servers) (Required 4 Years)
• Active Directory (Required 1 Years)
• IIS (Required 1 Years)
• Familiarity with MS Clustering (Nice to Have 1 Years)
• IBM Websphere Support experience (Nice to Have 1 Years)
• MS SQL Server (Nice to Have 1 Years)
• Domino Lotus Server 8.0 (Nice to Have 1 Years)
• Experience utilizing VMware (Nice to Have 1 Years)
• IOS Server Experience (Nice to Have 1 Years)
System Administrator 3
Harrisburg, PA - system administrator, websphere, administrator,...
Harrisburg, PA - websphere, system administrator, lotus, server,...
HR Coordinator-SHA-HR Human Resources
- hr, administrative, coordinator, degree, including,...
Operational Systems Analyst
Harrisburg, PA - system administrator, db2, lotus, qa,...
System Administrator (Ref: 1546)
Harrisburg, PA - system administrator, websphere, server, ibm,...
System Administrator (Ref: 1468)
Harrisburg, PA - system administrator, websphere, lotus,...
Systems Administrator- current secret clearance or recenly inactive
Mechanicsburg, PA - systems administrator, administrator,...