Position: Project Manager (Ref: 1876)
Location: Richmond,VA,23219,United States
Duration: 10 Months 19 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $55.00/hr
*Local candidates strongly preferred
*ONLY In-Person interviews will be conducted, NO Skype, NO exceptions
We are looking for a top performing project manager for an Initiative e to re-write an e-commerce application called WebCat into newer .Net technology.
The ideal candidate will be:
• PMP Certified
• Aggressive but flexible/personable. Being able to deal with many varied personalities both on the technical and business side of the project is absolutely key. You need to drive this project to completion with a burning desire to get it done, but be able to do that by using your innate ability to guide people such that they are on-board and excited to meet those goals. The right people are on this bus, you need to drive it to its' destination.
• Clearly and obviously well versed in Agile project management. You have lead and guided several high-profile and high-impact software projects through to completion. You know how projects should run, but are capable of adapting to legacy environments/cultures and practices.
• Capable of coming in and very quickly getting up to speed on both where the project is, where it needs to go, and how to get it there. This project has been running for ~16 months and needs to be guided from under-performing to over-performing in terms of deliverables; Quickly. You will do this because you have done it before. This is not the project you learn on; this is the project you demonstrate that you are the master of the project management universe.
• Well versed in common project management tools including TFS 2012 (storyboard, burn-down chart, bug tracker, backlog, etc.), MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.
• Have a clear command of project management practices including preparing all of the various reports/documents that give all levels of management (and the team) a clear understanding of where things are, what’s being worked, what’s next and a clear road-map of how to get to the finish line. When someone asks you: “What would you do if XYZ", you have the answer because you've been there before by virtue of having worked on enough projects that even if you haven't been exactly there, you know what needs to happen.
• Able to communicate effectively, very clearly, and can do so in a manner that ensures everyone is on the same page, all the time. You will need to communicate with everyone from executive level management, to highly technical resources to Jo-Bob the truck driver and you need to do it in a way that all of them can understand.
Required / Desired Skills
• Active PMP certification from PMI (No other certifications qualify as an exception) (Required 1 Years)
• Large scale project management including oversight, planning and implementation (Required 8 Years)
• Agile/scrum methodology (Required 8 Years)
• E-Commerce application project management (Highly Desired 3 Years)
• Effective communication and presentations to large groups including executives (Required 8 Years)
• Technical & business writing skills (Required 8 Years)
• Successful management of projects with 6 or more team members (Required 8 Years)
• Highly effective negotiation skills, both on the technical team and with business users (Required 8 Years)
Deputy Project Manager (USMC)
VA - deputy, pmp, project manager, project, manager,...
Junior Project Manager - Entry Level
Richmond, VA - project manager, junior, project, manager,...
Implementation Project Manager
Richmond, VA - project manager, telecommute, project, lean,...
VDOT Project Manager 3
Richmond, VA - pmp, project, project manager, skype, visa,...
Richmond, VA - project, project manager, desktop, .net,...
IT Relocation Project Manager
Richmond, VA - semiconductor, project, administrator,...
Junior Project Manager - Entry Level
Richmond, VA - project manager, junior, lead generation, project,...