Catering Sales Manager I (Non-Exempt)
We make stories like this possible every day. By empowering our fellow Ladies and Gentlemen to make each guest experience like no other. By taking passion and turning it into a vision. And, by leading a team that never forgets we’re creating guests for life.
The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, located at 1515 West Third Street, Cleveland, OH, 44113 currently has the following opportunity:
Catering Sales Manager I (Non-Exempt) (16001NND): The position is accountable for soliciting and handling catering sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Conducts day-to-day activities related to catering sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities could include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Engaging in Sales Activities
• Researches and develops new leads for catering business.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Connect with us on social media to keep up to date on The Ritz-Carlton news, learn more about our culture, and engage with the Careers team on Facebook.
Join The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen. The Art and Soul of Hospitality.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Banquet Cook III (AM/PM)-The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland (16001L3D)
Cleveland, OH - banquet, carlton, chef, prepare, cook, reach, set,...
Host Hostess Casual Dining AM (Part-Time) - Ritz-Carlton (16001L2E)
Cleveland, OH - carlton, chef, hostess, clean, part, ensure, place,...
In Room Dining Server AM - The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland (16001L2L)
Cleveland, OH - carlton, chef, server, clean, ensure, standards,...
Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Cleveland, OH - marriott, catering, goals, hotel, results,...
Associate Market Manager
OH - hotel, tourism, laser, data, manager, market,...
Compact Equipment Sales Manager
Brunswick, OH - sales manager, office, undergraduate, printer,...
Cleveland, OH - personal, mathematics, grade, changes, education,...