The Safety Specialist OG will be responsible for coordinating the daily on-site safety activities while administering and implementing the Health and Safety programs at onshore drilling operations that ensure compliance with statutory requirements to promote safe and healthy working conditions. Supports implementing established policies and procedures. Prepares reports, provides site inspections, supports established safety programs, and supports training and orientation.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide oversight of regulations and policies.
2. Assist with development of site specific plans and procedures covering a variety of safety issues.
3. Assist with implementing site safety plans and procedures.
4. Coordinate collection and analysis of safety metrics throughout the year.
5. Facilitate Incident Investigations.
6. Participate in PSM and RMP audits and assist in the development of corrective action plans based on the results of the audits.
7. Assist with development and implementation of OSHA PSM related programs for clients at PSM covered facilities.
8. Participate/Facilitate PHA's and PHA re-validations that include LOPA, HAZOP, and What-if Checklist.
9. Develop or revise procedures to meet OSHA and RAGAGEP standards
10. Collect data, establish facts and perform root cause analysis and draws valid conclusions. Report to Health, Safety and Operations management team and recommend corrective and preventative actions.
11. Prepare required documentation and incident reporting and create safety alerts.
12. Develop hazard mitigation practices.
13. Monitor, maintain, and implement Safety Management System programs to ensure compliance in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal regulations.
14. Participate in Site Safety auditing.
15. Observe and ensure implementation of Safe Work Practices on site including compliance with site safety requirements.
16. Participate in daily safety meetings with assigned project team.
17. Evaluate hazards in work tasks, work environments, and JSA’s with team.
18. Communicate results of safety meeting including action plans, personnel tasks, and targeted deadlines.
19. Conduct or coordinate the scheduling of any safety training required.
20. Assist with special projects as assigned.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Must have good written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
2. Ability to read and interpret policies, programs, and regulations.
3. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure prompt completion of tasks and assignments.
4. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently. Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines and timetables to perform the functions of the job.
5. Competent with Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other database programs.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
2. At least 5 years progressive safety and health related experience in the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) field with at least 3 years in onshore Oil and Gas drilling and completion.
3. At least 3 years of experience with TRC.
4. Demonstrated understanding and compliance with CFR 40, Part 60, Subpart 0000
5. Minimum of 2 plus years’ experience with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119 Process Safety Management or equivalent experience
6. TWIC, ARSC Basic Safety.
1. Valid state driver’s license.
2. First-Aid/CPR, OSHA 10, 30.
3. HAZWOPER 24, 40 / HAZMAT.
4. CSST or equivalent certification.
5. OSHA 500, 510 and / or 501, 511.
6. NORM Certified
1. Experience participating and/or scribing PHA’s and PHA re-validations including LOPA’s, HAZOP’s, and What-If Checklist.
2. Working towards receiving ASP.
Medical Assistant-EHS-HR Employee Health
- ehs, supervision, medical assistant, high, working,...
Midland, TX - oil, gas, territory, account manager, collections,...
Austin, TX - drilling, clerk, file clerk, oil, file, gas, files,...
HSE DATA MANIPULATOR
Houston, TX - hse, scientific, field service, environmental,...
Pasadena, TX - hse, refinery, petroleum, hazwoper, safety,...
Texas City, TX - petroleum, refinery, paramedic, twic,...
Come Work 4 The Best USSA Security Officers -Midland, TX
Midland, TX - police, security guard, security officer, 9001,...