Sr. Manager Production Support
Most important competencies we are looking for in this manufacturing support role.
3. Production Control
4. Material Planning
• Roles and Responsibilities:
o Responsible for overseeing the daily activities of employees as they pertain to Master Scheduling/Planning, Material Planning, Work Center Coordination, Receiving, and Stores.
o Work closely with the Operations group to schedule and deliver material in order to meet customer demand.
o Coordinate with functional organizations (Shared Resources and Procurement) to negotiate contracts, schedule, and material delivery in support of customer demand.
o Interact with other departments, suppliers, and mangers to ensure materials are delivered in a timely manner and support production schedules.
o Convert customer order into a sales order in the MRP system.
o Approves production rescheduling in case of equipment, materials, or labor shortage or customer needs.
o Converts high-level schedule into detail schedules, material requirements list, and production plans for work centers.
o Work with Master Scheduling and Operations to analyze capacity based on work breakdown schedule.
o Advises management of production status, and potential problems to ensure labor, tools, equipment, and services are provided as needed.
o Provides oversight and functional management of schedules for COE.
o Act as interface with Program Management and Director of Operations to ensure departmental goals are aligned with procedural requirements.
o Responsible for writing department procedure, training personnel to said procedures, and auditing personnel to ensure procedures are being adhered to.
o Contribute, coordinate, and act as an interface with respective COE Groups to standardize and change current policies and procedures as they pertain to scheduling, planning, receiving, storing, and general materials management.
o Maintain employee morale and certification records while providing leadership, training, and both positive and constructive feedback on employee performance.
o Measure team's performance and productivity using department metrics and company goals.
o Establish yearly staffing budgets, department goals, and metrics.
• 15 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience with a Master's degree. Position can be filled one level lower with 10 years of experience and a Bachelor's degree or 8 years of experience with a Master's degree. Preference for degree in Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related disciplines, or relevant experience.
• 4+ year experience managing others.
• 3-5 years inventory and production experience.
• Master production planner background and experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing, procurement and quality basics, engineering flows, and reading prints.
• Experience creating production schedules and modifying them for increased efficiency.
• Experience tracking, reporting, and presenting.
• Must have technical skills such as production scheduling, experience with MRP systems, and capacity planning such as level loading, Kanban, etc.
• APICS certification preferred.
• MS Project experience preferred.
• MUST have a Secret Level DOD security clearance, which typically requires U.S. Citizenship.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to delegate effectively.
• Ability to build teams.
• Ability to prioritize and make effective decisions
West Valley City, UT - planner, buyer, erp, purchasing, city, oracle,...
Supply Chain Manager for (solid rocket propulsion systems)
Salt Lake City, UT - planner, aircraft, mrp, industrial engineering,...
Industrial Engineering Supervisor
Salt Lake City, UT - sap, industrial engineering, vba, industrial,...
Supply Chain Manager
Salt Lake City, UT - planner, mrp, procurement, material, chain, city,...
Salt Lake City, UT - planner, aid, appointments, students, financial,...
Supply Chain Manager
Salt Lake City, UT - mrp, planner, procurement, chain, material, city,...
Supply Chain Manager
Salt Lake City, UT - mrp, planner, procurement, material, chain,...