160406 Sales Manager (Lighting)
Our customer located in Ann Arbor, MI is seeking an experienced Sales Manager (Lighting) for a direct hire position.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience. Position is eligible for potential company bonus.
Must be able to travel to customer locations as required. A company car is provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
The OE Sales Manager will act as liaison between customers and company Engineering and Manufacturing teams, and will be the main company representative interacting with the Purchasing, Marketing, Engineering, and Quality functions at each customer.
This position is responsible for developing new business opportunities for sustainable, profitable sales growth of Lighting Products.
• Responsible for developing and implementing Lighting Product sales and business strategies required in the region to ensure the achievement of company's business objectives.
• Develop key customer relationships for Lighting Products in the region, particularly automotive interior lighting applications, at both OEM and Tier 1 level.
• Lead the commercial interfaces into the customers' Engineering organization (i.e. lead the technical selling process).
• Support the technical prospecting and development of new business by influencing the customers' engineering to source company Lighting.
• Develop new accounts, markets, or product niches that allow the organization continued growth and profit.
• Establish close contact with all relevant customers purchasing, engineering, quality and manufacturing personnel to gain their assistance in the maintenance of current business and development of new business.
• Ensure that all commercial, engineering, technical, and quality issues are discussed and resolved with the appropriate customers and internal personnel.
• Coordinate and organize visits to plants and technical sites to ensure that the customer needs / requirements are being met.
• Develop sales plan / forecast, long-term strategic plan, and competitor information.
• Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of quotations, sample and initial production shipments.
• Communicate the changing needs of the marketplace to assist in the development of new products and materials.
• Actively participate in achieving corporate and divisional goals and objectives as to quality, cost, profit, and return on sales, productivity, and customer service adherence to budget goals.
• Keep fully informed of product and manufacturing changes that are internal and external to the organization.
• Monitor and assist in accounts payable as required.
• Design and recommend sales programs and establish short and long-term sales strategies. Provide management with key sales information.
• Work with engineering and operations to develop new business proposals for consideration and implementation.
• Lead the development of quotes and pricing in the region, and ensure that the commercial negotiations with the customers are in alignment with the strategies of the company.
• Ensure that a product Technical Savings Process is active at the customer and supported by Engineering.
• Ensure that value propositions are current with customers in the region.
• Develop and adhere to the functional sales budget in the region.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience with automotive lighting is required.
• Must have the ability to perform detailed customer presentations, and have the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
• Must have proficient knowledge of internal and customer systems and how to use them to benefit the business.
• Must have the ability to evaluate the business issues and prioritize activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “160406 Sales Manager (Lighting)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 to 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
Beauty Sales Manager - Origins (Briarwood Mall)
Ann Arbor, MI - mall, beauty, sales manager, manager, ann,...
Applications Engineer - Horticulture LED lighting components
Novi, MI - semiconductor, thermal, lighting, optical,...
Accounts Payable Administrator
Plymouth Charter Township, MI - designer, payable, administrator, po,...
Ann Arbor, MI - accounts, ann, op, recruiting, manager,...
Campaign Assistant - Sales and Marketing
Ann Arbor, MI - assistant, sales staff, sales, ann, service,...
Ann Arbor, MI - purchasing, goods, suppliers, review, commodities,...
Accounts Payable Clerk
Ann Arbor, MI - clerk, mri, apartment, property management,...