160608 Applications Engineer (Ignition)
Our customer located in Plymouth, MI is seeking an Applications Engineer (Ignition) for a direct hire position.
This position will start in the company’s office in Southfield, MI, but will be relocating to the office in Plymouth, MI in 2017.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience. Position is eligible for potential company bonus.
Must be able to travel to customer locations as required. A company car is provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Application Engineer will be responsible for the concept, design, development, and production support of Ignition Components. This work includes Customer Program Development (APQP); Part Design; Verification & Validation Testing; Failure Analysis; Value Analysis / Value Engineering; Customer Interfacing and simultaneous engineering with the manufacturing plants. This person will become a valued member of the Global Ignition team, where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
An ideal candidate for this position is a candidate who possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and proven professional experience in superior customer service. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently, and the ability to be self-directed are all necessary qualifications for this position.
• Develop new products and materials to meet the changing demands of the marketplace.
• Perform detailed customer presentations.
• Work closely with the sales team developing specific customer account strategies.
• Prepare test requests, evaluate test results, and publish final test reports.
• Work with manufacturing plants to assure manufacturability of designs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience with ignition systems, or engine systems and/or components is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of FEA fundamentals.
• Ability to completely direct the activities of an account.
• Basic statistical knowledge.
• Problem solving methodology.
• Travel as required to support the customer and to support / develop new opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “160608 Applications Engineer (Ignition)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 to 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
160609 Applications Engineer (Sealing)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engine, customer, applications, systems,...
Project Engineer / Mechanical Engineer (Solid works)
Farmington Hills, MI - mechanical engineer, solidworks, project engineer,...
Applications Engineer - Horticulture LED lighting components
Novi, MI - semiconductor, thermal, lighting, optical,...
Buyer/Planner Engine Components
Plymouth, MI - planner, mrp, buyer, engine, raw, purchasing,...
System Engineer- Propulsion Coordination System Engineer, Autonomous
Milford Charter Township, MI - engineer, mechanical engineering, system engineer,...
Appian Application Engineer
Plymouth, MI - bank, west, engineer, batch, systems, technical,...
Novi, MI - emc, audio, engineer, car, visual, mobile, home,...