160412 Applications Engineer (Rings & Liners)
Our customer located in Plymouth, MI is seeking an Applications Engineer (Rings & Liners) for a direct hire position.
This position will start in the company’s office in Southfield, MI, but will be relocating to the office in Plymouth, MI in 2017.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience. Position is eligible for potential company bonus.
Must be able to travel to customer locations as required. A company car is provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Application Engineer works together with the Account Manager to provide the necessary service to OEM Automotive and Heavy-Duty customers. The business situation and individual skills may dictate the method of meeting these responsibilities, but the end result will always be superior customer service and the advancement of the business.
The Application Engineer is the project manager responsible for the concept, design, development, and production support of Powertrain System Components and Power Cylinder Systems. This work includes Customer Program Development (APQP); Part Design; Verification & Validation Testing; Failure Analysis; Value Analysis / Value Engineering; Customer Interfacing and Simultaneous Engineering with the manufacturing plants.
The Application Engineer is responsible for actively participating in appropriate business unit meetings. As a member of these teams, he / she is challenged to manage the current business situation as well as setting the future direction of the business.
• General knowledge of engine performance & test methods as it relates to powertrain systems.
• General knowledge of statistics, CAE, and other analysis methods.
• Have the ability to evaluate business issues and prioritize activities.
• Prepare tests requests, evaluate test results, and publish final test reports.
• Process Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Sample Orders (SO).
• Assist in Root Cause Analysis of EOT (End of Test) or field returned parts.
• Participate in the business group meetings.
• Prepare detailed failure analysis reports.
• Work closely with the sales team developing specific customer account strategies.
• Develop power cylinder products based on the input from experienced Application Engineers.
• Responsible for developing new products as the designated project manager for the Customer Program Development (APQP) process, if required also with other global plants and tech centers.
• Work with manufacturing plants to assure manufacturability of designs.
• Develop working knowledge of Powertrain Components and Power Cylinder Systems.
• Assist in implementing new designs.
• Provide support of advanced engineering projects.
• Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
• Actively participate in achieving Corporate and Divisional goals and objectives for quality, cost, profit, return on sales, productivity as well as adherence to budget goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience with engine systems and/or components is required.
Experience in powertrain, diesel, power cylinders, and piston rings is preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Ability to conceptualize new designs and concepts.
• Ability to be self-directed.
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to take a lead role in minor advanced engineering projects.
• Ability to lead a team to achieve desired results, and to completely direct the engineering activities of a program.
• Ability to perform detailed customer presentations.
• Possess well-developed problem solving skills; Ability to methodically organize a root cause investigation for End of Test results or field returned parts.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “160412 Applications Engineer (Rings & Liners)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 to 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
160609 Applications Engineer (Sealing)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engine, customer, applications, systems,...
Marine Engine Development Engineer
Plymouth, MI - marine, boat, instrumentation, engine,...
Power Electronics Engineer
Livonia, MI - electrical engineer, pcb, ac, mandarin, designer,...
Power Electronics Engineer
Livonia, MI - electrical engineer, pcb, mandarin, ac, oem,...
Power Electronics Engineer-Automotive
Livonia, MI - electrical engineer, pcb, designer, ac, power,...
160608 Applications Engineer (Ignition)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engineering, mechanical engineering,...
Intelligent Vehicle Engineer - Systems Engineering
Plymouth Charter Township, MI - engineering, engineer, iso, systems engineer,...