Production Technician II will support the goals and vision of HHT by safely and efficiently preparing and constructing sub-assemblies, assemblies and finished products. A production technician II may be asked to rotate through various assembly stations and warehouse on a particular product line. Also, performs a specialized task or a combination of specialized tasks.
• Uses small hand tools or light powered tools to construct sub-assemblies, assemblies, or finished products.
• Operates machinery to fabricate sub-assemblies and/or parts (i.e. roller, beader, spot welder, riveter, staker, lancers, crimpers, flat wash, presses)
• Performs box out and packaging processes.
• Completes quality and safety checks, procedures, and documentation.
• Performs equipment preventative maintenance as directed.
• Practices safety awareness (i.e. JSA, LOTO, Certified Safe Member, 5S)
• Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
• Recognizes and responds to internal and external customer needs
• Able to perform 75% of stations in any given product line to takt time
• Insulation handling.
• Blueprint reading, as job requires.
• Warehouse by line processes; including material variances, loading/unloading AGV, replenishment systems, knowledge of parts and part numbers for effective identification of material, etc.
• Uses paint system and performs quality checks on paint systems.
• Complete valve building and troubleshooting.
• Complete valve testing and trouble shooting.
• Spot welder adjustment and set up.
• Proficient in the use of in-line brake presses and punch presses that make multiple odd angle bends and/or which requires adjustments to gaging systems.
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring tools ie: calipers, micrometers, venturi cup etc. as required.
• Regular participation in the application of the refractory (stone) process (refractory handling on the line).
• Performs box out and packaging process.
• Threads and adjusts a minimum of one seam welder in each wood and gas pipe.
• Sets-up, adjusts and operates the Hem & Flattner in pipe.
• Cuts and rolls in pipe.
• Sets-up and adjusts inner and outer elbow crimpers in DVP elbows.
Scope and Impact of Responsibilities
• Responsibilities are assigned by supervisor/lead with general monitoring. Rotates cell assignments according to job rotation schedule. Has demonstrated ability to work on two zones or rotations.
• This position has a direct impact to the quality of product produced.
• Duties may involve some cost impact to the organization such as average scrap exposure and probability of quality errors.
• May train others on occasion.
Background and Skills
• Proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals), reading and writing.
• 1-3 years experience in manufacturing position
• Average mechanical aptitude
• Demonstrated participation in rapid continuous improvement
Apply at hearthnhome.com/careers
Hearth & Home Technologies
800 W Jefferson
Lake City, MN 55041
1st, 2nd and 3rd shift Production
Lake City, MN - welder, molding, paint, wash, city, sub, weld,...
Become a Member
Lake City, MN - welder, welding, metal, crane, sheet metal, paint,...
Baldwin, WI - welder, metal, welding, steel, tig, welders, laser,...
Baldwin, WI - welder, welding, mig, painting, water treatment,...
Dodge Center, MN - welder, welding, sheet metal, metal, painter,...
Dodge Center, MN - welder, welding, arc, tig, metal, mig, aluminum,...
System Electronic Technician
Galesville, WI - systems, technician, system, packaging, equipment,...