Northern Credit Union is a progressive, people-first financial organization with 7 branches servicing Jefferson, Lewis, and southern St. Lawrence counties. Northern provides an opportunity enriched career environment for inspired professionals that consistently demonstrate a selfless commitment to our culture and the success of our organization!
We are seeking a Home Lending Associate:
The Home Lending Department is seeking a self-motivated, career minded individual to join a team of professionals that are dedicated to improving the lives of our members, their families, and communities. This position presents a unique opportunity for someone that aspires to one-day be a mortgage originator, as core knowledge and skills required to be a successful originator will be learned and strengthened through this essential support role. Key attributes for success in this position include:
• An unwavering commitment to a long term career with Northern and to its Core Values, Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan;
• Opportunity to be part of a people-first culture that embraces ownership and accountability;
• Commitment to creating a “WOW” experience for every member;
• The desire to be part of building mutual value relationships;
• Dedication to delivering high-quality products and services ethically and honestly; and
• The ability to excel in a fast paced work environment.
• Serves as the liaison between our Home Lending Professionals and our members by scheduling appointments, assisting with outreach initiatives, responding to phone and email inquiries and arranging department reports, documents and projects in a timely manner,
• Delivers and maintains excellent service by ensuring a smooth and efficient loan application process for members,
• Provides marketing support and recommendations for Home Lending Professionals to gain more referral partners,
• Prepares files and ensures loan packages are complete and ready for processing,
• Solicits and generates residential mortgages by developing and maintaining relationships through a variety of sources, and
• Actively involved in community events, credit union seminars and other sponsored events.
• An Associate’s degree or higher combined with two or more years of lending, real estate, or sales experience and a proven record of meeting and exceeding established sales goals is required
• Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills,
• The ability to build and maintain relationships with mortgage professionals in the community,
• Impeccable attention to detail with the ability to present information in a group setting,
• The ability to learn and understand mortgage policies, loan contracts and applications, and
• A full working knowledge of many PC software programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
As a premier employer, Northern offers a competitive compensation plan; an enthusiastic, team-oriented environment; exciting growth opportunities; a comprehensive training program; and an outstanding benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability, tuition reimbursement, paid vacations, an incredibly generous 401K plan, and much more!
Cover Letter and Resume are required for consideration.
Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Watertown, NY - underwriter, loan, mortgage, credit, lending,...
Loan Processing Professional
Watertown, NY - loan, processing, northern, consumer, six, cover,...
Member Relationship Specialist - Multiple Locations
Watertown, NY - northern, relationship, union, credit, factory,...
Contact Center Professional (Future Candidate Pool)
Watertown, NY - union, northern, pool, financial, council, credit,...
Store Seasonal Employee - Lumber / Building Materials
Watertown, NY - experience, department, building, customer,...
Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse
Watertown, NY - progressive, hospital, unit, shifts, immediate,...
Oneida, NY - union, education, prep, screening, processing,...