Responsible for proper, timely, accurate recording and reporting of grants.
1. Responsible to work with Project/Program staff to provide financial analysis, costs/budget projections, projections, program expense review reports, budget performance reviews, monthly, quarterly, and/or as needed. Distribute monthly grant financial status reports with analysis.
2. Monitor institutional based sponsored programs accounts’ balances, and interact with various institutional department heads/program managers for grant account fund transfers/write-offs.
3. Prepare monthly adjusting and closing journal entries for contract/grant accounts, as well as inter-fund transfers (general fund and restricted [extramural] funds.
4. Responsible to interface with Research Staff to review application opportunities and to submit strong applications and budgets to various funding agencies.
5. Will meet required deadlines, including timely acknowledgment and review of award notices, assures compliance of required data/progress reports to funders.
6. Assures timely and accurate notifications of investigators and sponsors regarding award compliance, just-in-time procedures and reporting requirements.
7. Reviews budgets and contract language of institutional based programs prior to accepting a grant.
8. Ensures proper stewardship, management, and accountability of grant-funded projects through regular coordination with program and financial services staff
9. Reconcile, review, interpret, implement grant/contract terms/policies/guidelines of various diverse funding agencies, which include federal, state, county, city, special districts.
10. Will be responsible to interact with various project/program directors/managers/principal investigators, as well as outside funding agencies’ contract administrators and fiscal officers, for the implementation of granting agencies contract terms/guidelines to achieve maximum reimbursement of program costs, and successfully satisfy reporting requirements of outside funding agencies, as well as the institutional.
11. Work with independent auditors for program specific audits, institutional financial audit, and the federally required A133, organization wide audit; provide access to general ledger and other accounting records; prepare audit schedules and other necessary audit materials.
12. Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual financial reports to outside funding agencies; prepare monthly consolidated expense and revenue reports for all institutional grants/contracts, for the institutional interim financial statements.
13. Will prepare claims for program reimbursement monthly, quarterly, according to grant/contract guidelines/specifications. Will be responsible to ensure funds are collected within a timely manner
BEHAVIORAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. Able to promote a constructive and positive atmosphere within the work area by demonstrating the ability to cooperate and assist program/project administrators/managers.
2. Able to be an effective proactive problem solver through active problem identification. Able to interact with others in a courteous, professional manner with a high level of confidentiality.
3. Ability to stay informed of changing grant policies and to be able to implement as needed.
4. Able to remain flexible with work schedules, resolution of work conflicts; the ability to be a team player. Ability to use appropriate organizational skills in setting priorities for work and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
5. Able to resolve conflicts in a pro-active manner that demonstrates a high level of customer service.
6. Able to serve as a role model to other staff in the area of customer service.
7. Strong communication skills, written and oral.
Incumbent must have a B.S. in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
At least five + years accounting experience with at least 2 years within a healthcare organization
2 + years experience with fund/grant accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
Working knowledge of PC’s/Mac, spreadsheets, especially Excel and Word.
Proven experience using and building budgeting and forecasting models.
Senior Grant Accountant
Oakland, CA - grant, fund, accountant, audit, accounting,...
Junior Grants Accountant CA
San Francisco, CA - accountant, grant, accounting, principal, junior,...
Oakland, CA - host, oakland, staff, cashier...
Manager of Grants and Restricted Funds
Oakland, CA - grant, animal, mills, donor, funds, investigator,...
Temp: Senior Accountant
San Francisco, CA - accountant, general, accounting, open, experience,...
General Ledger Accountant for Tech Company
Oakland, CA - accountant, ledger, accounting, general, executive,...
Physician / Internal Medicine / California / Permanent / Oakland, CA J
Oakland, CA - oakland, epic, op, city, medicine,...