Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
An Edison Employee drives for results by aligning work with the vision of the organization; taking a genuine interest in people; and holding themselves and others accountable.
This position will be a Senior IT Auditor in the Information Technology Audits division within Southern California Edison's Audit organizational Unit. The successful candidate will provide significant input for briefing senior management regarding the system of internal controls, reliability of operating information, and compliance with regulatory requirements, including laws, and the corporate standards of conduct. He/she will have knowledge of the Information Technology functions as well as a broad knowledge of company and department policies, objectives, strategies, and goals; regulatory requirements, affiliate relationships, and applicable governmental laws. This position also requires knowledge of the audit function and audit techniques; data analytics, statistical sampling, audit protocols, generally accepted auditing standards, business risk assessment principles, control assessment techniques, audit report writing and documentation.
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Independently conducts, leads, or participates as a team member on highly complex cybersecurity audits, specialized IT audit engagements that have a major significance to the Company, for example, audits of the Grid network security, audit of access controls to Customer Personal Information databases, etc.
• Provides guidance, mentoring, and training to other auditors and team members.
• Independently serves as a technical advisor/consultant on highly complex and/or specialized consulting assignments or special projects, for example, provide risk assessment of IT strategic plan, review of new system implementation projects, etc.
• Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Must have a minimum of eight years of experience in IT operations, auditing and/or performing controls related IT functions in network security, cybersecurity, IT operations, and/or developing/deploying new systems.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or other related technical field.
• Must possess a CISA or CIA certification.
• Graduate degree in the subjects of IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineer or other related technical field.
• CPA, CIA, PMP, CISM, CISSP, CRISC certified desired.
• Typically possesses five years of experience leading a team of auditors on multiple complex IT audits including coaching and assessing staff performance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of evaluating controls cycles for improvements/efficiencies, leading Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) SOX testing and/or participating as a team member in SOX testing.
• Demonstrated experience auditing, implementing or maintaining technologies in one or more of the following areas: database administration, Internet/web technologies, business process re-engineering, telecommunications, security tools, or advanced software programming/testing techniques.Demonstrated experience in performing Network Penetration Testing, and knowledge in Security Information and Event Management processes, Security Incident Response, Security Operations Center procedures, security Forensic Investigation, cryptology/encryption standards and IT operations, security and controls frameworks such as NIST (800-53 and 800-82), ISO 27001 and 27002, COBIT, ITIL.
• Demonstrated experience in technical controls supporting UNIX, Windows NT, Active Directory, Oracle, SAP, IBM mainframe OS, ERP systems, control systems (SCADA), or wireless technology.
• Demonstrated experience evaluating business and technical risks, analyzing business operations, and presenting recommendations.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels in the organization.
• Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology innovations, risk and controls.
• Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent assignments, accurately analyze information, and make strong decisions.
• Must demonstrate ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
• Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
• Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
• Relocation may apply to this position.
• Additional testing may be required as part of the selection process for this position.
• Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
• SCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Link to Mobility Policy
• Policy Statement for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
LIFE. POWERED BY EDISON.
Sr Auditor Compliance
Los Angeles, CA - auditor, auditing, internal, compliance, vp,...
Sr Auditor I
Los Angeles, CA - auditor, internal, control, testing, experience,...
Los Angeles, CA - auditor, audit, sox, internal audit, controls,...
Los Angeles, CA - auditor, audit, internal, basic, control,...
Los Angeles, CA - data analyst, data, test, sas, analyst,...
Premium Audit Trainee/Auditor-, CA
CA - auditor, trainee, marine, audit, hartford,...
Los Angeles, CA - auditor, audit, accountancy, auditing, accounting,...