Our client is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to provide leadership within our Aerospace Structures Quality team.
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 4.5 years (or 4 years 6 months)
Role description & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Large Structures Center of Excellence (COE) in sustaining and improving an effective quality system as measured by customer satisfaction, product quality, process improvements, and system compliance.
While reporting directly to the Aerospace Structures Quality VP, the successful candidate will have dual reporting responsibilities to the Large Structures COE and lead a team to execute the Quality charter. Quality functional ownership within the COE includes Quality Engineering, End Item Processes, Customer and Technical Services, Tool and Gauge Quality, Quality Facilities, and Quality Acceptance Testing and Inspection. This Manager supports a growing team of over fifteen including one leader.
• Partner with customers to achieve goals and delivery to technical and performance requirements
• Participates in the development of overall strategies, objectives, and long-term goals of the organization; is a champion for mission assurance elements.
• Focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using LEAN strategies, SPC, DOE, APQP, 8D and other problem solving and improvement processes.
• Manage/monitor system effectiveness, providing information and metrics internally and to division leadership
• Instill Quality culture and behaviors to support significant production rate increases
• Responsible for successful Quality Certifications including AS9100, NADCAP and customer oversight activities.
• Financial responsibilities for direct planning, budgeting, forecasting, and controls to guarantee quality engineering team efficiency to program EACs.
• Advocate a safe and professional work environment
• Develop succession plans and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities
• Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions, recommendations, and escalations on behalf of Quality.
• Experience with high precision manufacturing and assembly working in aerospace, automotive, or similar highly technical factories.
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement principles and methods
• Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships
• Experience and understanding of Quality System requirements and the intention of systems documentation; to include external certification processes (ISO/TS16949, AS9100, etc.)
• Understands how to get things done through formal and informal channels; excellent communicator
• Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
• Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve company goals
• Is a Champion to the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
• Minimum of 10 years directly relevant experience with BS degree; or a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience with an MS degree.
• BS/MS in Engineering or related technical field
• Experience in aerospace and composite manufacturing operations
• Demonstrated success building Quality culture
• Familiarity with key customer Quality Systems including United Launch Alliance
• Previous management and leadership experience
• Competency with AS9100 requirements
Our client is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
Electrical Test Engineer
Tupelo, MS - test, computer, technical, test engineer,...
Tupelo, MS - shift, manager, independent, ms, security, control,...
Tupelo, MS - manager, food, ms, operator, staff, sales, guest,...
Tupelo, MS - manager, food, restaurant, independent, ms, crew,...
Program Manager (Composites Manufacturing)
Tupelo, MS - mm, fiber, program manager, composite, program,...
Pontotoc, MS - manager, shift, ms, security, operator, safety,...
Tupelo, MS - manager, food, counter, kitchen, operator, sales,...