Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure and Data Security, the Systems Administrator applies complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for architecting, monitoring and maintaining network implementations for multi- site enterprise.
• Node management, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts for projects critical to the business.
• Maintaining and administering network standards, documentation, processes and procedures.
• Enterprise security design, monitoring, root cause analyses and remediation.
• Serve as a technical mentor to others and guide less experienced engineers and technicians in resolving complex problems.
• Engage IT teams to analyze security risks, propose mitigations and security lead improvement projects.
• Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
• Monitor systems and platforms for availability and performance.
• Install and test upgrades and patches
• Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
Assist team in administration of:
• Microsoft Hyper- V virtual environment
• Microsoft Active Directory, including Group Policy Management
• Microsoft Exchange 2013
• Manage application environments (Development/QA/Production
• Manage promotion of approved development into production environment
• Evaluate and recommend new system technologies
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional in routing and switching. Any data security training a plus.
• Must have advance competency in routing, switching, firewall, VPNs and MPLS on Cisco equipment.
• Six(6) or more years of experience in network engineering, architecture or systems engineering.
• Experience working with networking, telecommunications and internetworking protocols and standards.
• Experience working with designing redundant, self- healing network solutions.
• Experience working with protocols and technologies such as IP, BGP, IGMP, DNS, HTTP
• Customer service focus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self- motivated and ability to work with limited supervision.
• Enjoys complicated challenges in a fast paced growing company.
• Well organized, efficient and knowledgeable.
• Configuration and setup Firewalls, VPN Concentrators, and Security appliances.
• VOIP solutions and troubleshooting.
• Expert understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, remote access, SSLVP, access- control lists, VLANs, VPNs, firewalls, and dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
• Ability to prioritize and take ownership of multiple tasks according to the needs of management.
• Strong working knowledge of HIPAA privacy/security standards, general audit expectations with regard to security, and how same should be implemented and supported within a growing company.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic and commitment in keeping with a fast-paced work environment.
• Degree in computer science, business, engineering, math, or closely related field, or significant equivalent experience.
• Frequently remains in sitting position for long periods of time to perform duties.
• Frequently concentrates for long periods of time, paying attention to detail.
• Frequently uses and views the computer using fingers, hands, and vision.
• Frequently work in a well--lit tempered environment.
• Frequently utilizes mental capabilities to identify, evaluate, and assimilate information.
• Occasionally walks through the office to communicate with other employees.
• Seldom lifts objects with weight up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files or paper boxes.
Additional details: Manager has 18 direct reports
8 Systems Admin broken into three areas:
1. 3 DBA's (all SQL Server?)
2. 3 Windows Admin - responsible for deployments, Microsoft windows, storage to SQL: Servers, build and deploy servers.
3. Network Administrators: 2 positions. Meranda currently handles EVERYTHING Voice ... phones, call distribution, etc..
We are needing to hire an expert in Routing, Switching, LAN administration, Set up VLAN and Port Security.
Our CORE device is the Cisco Nexus 7009
for our WAN we have 4 Nodes: We currently hosts 4 sites, The Corporate office in Lagrange, two small remote sites in Cincinnati and California and we lease racks from Peak 10 in Atlanta with equipment only.
We are looking to upgrade our single network, and design a NEW WAN using Cisco's ILAN. We currently have routers that are 8-10 years old that are giving us replication issues, and therefore cannot utilize our full bandwidth. We have $125K worth of new equipment to purchase and install, We are seeking someone who has the knowledge and experience to help architect, build, install and maintain this enterprise.
Our company has users working from 8am - 11PM around the country, so our network is 24/7 - however 90% of our staff operate between the hours of8-5PM EST. So in the event something critical goes down, we will need your expertise to get up and running asap. Mission Critical!
We do maintenance and updates once a month on Sundays and this monthly rotation would ask for your Sunday attention only 6 x per year. During those weeks where the Sunday work is requested, you are free to choose a day of the week OFF, though we would really appreciate it NOT being the Monday after the deployment :)
Your knowledge of VPN will be critical for our site to site communication between our customers and remote users.
We have three newer software systems:
1. Nexus Security Center - this contains 100 pieces of equipment, performs our vulnerability scans.
2. SIM Solution - IBM Q RADAR - log management of threat systems
3. Solar Winds Orion - We are just beginning the use of this technology - and only have a few currently.
Submit Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here.
Louisville, KY - network engineer, wan, script, engineer...
Louisville, KY - network engineer, cisco, network, wan, lan,...
Active CCNP Senior Cisco Engineer
Louisville, KY - cisco, voip, network engineer, engineer, lan, fi,...
Combat Engineer - Construction and Engineering Specialist
KY - construction, engineer, combat, guard, engineering,...
Louisville, KY - resources, network, data, operations, personal,...
IT Systems Engineer
Louisville, KY - directory, administrator, network,...
KY - cisco, firewall, juniper, network security,...