PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF THE ST. LOUIS REGION AND SOUTHWEST MISSOURI
POSITION TITLE: Medical Practice Manager
STATUS: Full time, Benefit, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Patient Services and Education
Part of the health center supervisory and management team. Ensures excellent patient care in center. Responsible for day to day health center operations. Responsible for center productivity and for goal achievement of center. Provides patient education support and administrative support for site.
Hours, Travel, and Physical Requirements: Monday – Friday and minimum of one Saturday per month: Flexibility in hours, including evenings and some weekends. Requires computer skills, excellent English verbal and phone skills. Must have reliable and efficient transportation and be willing to travel to other sites as necessary. This position also requires computer and writing work that will require sitting at a desk for extended periods and requires standing for periods of time in excess of one hour and moving throughout health center.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED:
Health Center Operations
• Active member of the department management and supervisory team
• Participates in planning improvements for quality customer and medical care in center and in department and reduces barriers to care
• Utilizes established scheduling systems and expectations to ensure maximum productivity, access for patients, and quality care
• Schedules support staff on a monthly basis. Responsible for trouble shooting unexpected gaps in scheduling. May be the staff who fills in when a scheduling gap occurs due to unexpected illness, planned vacation, staff turnover, or other occurrence
• Assists team in increasing patient satisfaction by soliciting and tracking feedback and by
responding to patient concerns. Helps to train all center staff to be fully receptive to patients and to communicate effectively with them
• Accountable for fiscal assets, including doing deposits, tracking errors, ensuring
computer batching accuracy and reconciliation, handling petty cash, and monitoring staff for compliance with fiscal standards and policies
• Tracks center’s patient census, develops strategies to increase census and make goal, and works to involve whole team in goal achievement
• Monitors monthly revenue and expenses and work with Director of Health Centers on maintaining fiscal goals
• Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
• Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established productivity and revenue cycle goals.
• Regularly checks and monitors the computer reports for accuracy in data entry. Follows up with staff if further training is warranted
• Monitors and orders supplies in health centers. Ensures that inventory is available for use, is properly stored, is of appropriate amount, and is up to date
• Meets regularly with Director of Health Centers to discuss site needs, prioritize tasks, share staff updates
• Counts monthly supply inventory and year-end property and supply inventories
• Part of hiring team for support staff
• Direct supervisor for center staff and monitors performance
• Responsible for job evaluations for center staff
• Makes immediate interventions as necessary for any performance concerns. Keeps manager fully apprised of any and all concerns
• Assists in and ensures new staff training and that all new staff receive appropriate training before allowed to function independently
• Monitors staff/client interactions to ensure quality customer and client-centered care and attention to policies
Quality Assurance/Risk Management
• Cognizant and compliant with PPSLRSWMO policies and procedures
• Protects PPSLRSWMO and its assets from Liability
• Protects confidentiality of PPSLRSWMO clients, staff, volunteers, donors, Board, and all other areas of operation
• Follows HIPAA privacy and security guidelines
• Trains and monitors staff in the compliance of standards related to QA/RM, i.e., infection control, emergency care, PPFA standards, etal
• Ensures a safe work environment for staff and for patients by performing fire drills, emergency drills, facility inspections, safety inspections
• Participates actively in new staff training and orientation and in the trial period assessment of staff suitability for position
• May attend and serve on affiliate committees or task forces if directed
• May attend and serve on community coalitions if determined to be conducive to achieving the goals of site(s)
• Contributes to the growth of the agency and of health centers by participating in goal setting, cost savings activities, internal patient marketing, increasing patient volume and is evaluated on this
• Assists in assessing patient and staff satisfaction and assists in redesigning system to achieve goals of site, department, and agency
• Additional duties as assigned on HCM duty list
• Baccalaureate degree preferred. Will consider Medical Assistant or LPN. If not degreed minimum of one year of relevant and responsible experience
• Strong independent decision maker, ability and willingness to act within the best interests of PPSLRSWMO and our clients
• Must meet all of the requirements of the Health Center Assistant position
• Excellent English language proficiency – oral and written, excellent interpersonal skills, including phone skills; articulate; high energy; ability to work on a team; assertive
• Strong organizational skills, self-directed and motivated, strong follow-through and determination, creativeness
• Current driver’s license, current insurance and own/have reliable transportation
• Commitment to Planned Parenthood mission, organizational values, goals, and philosophy. Ability to articulate this to staff and to others
• Bilingual skills a plus, particularly Spanish, Serbian-Croatian or Vietnamese
PPSLRSWMO is an equal opportunity employer.
Physician - Oncologist-Hematologist
St. Louis, MO - st, hospital, tissue, health, medical, physician,...
Physician - Oncologist/Hematologist
St. Louis, MO - st, hematology, health, medical, tissue, medicine,...
Physician / Hospitalist / Missouri / Permanent for
MO - candidate, region, place, member, top, max, hours,...
Physician / Internal Medicine / Missouri / Outpatient Family Doctor in
MO - internal, doctor, region, max, after, him, place,...
St. Louis, MO - hospital, staff, care, medical, patient, injury,...
STAFF RN-Nrs Cardio
St. Louis, MO - staff, hospital, care, medical, patient, injury,...
Community Health Nurse
St. Louis, MO - services, development, medical, health, community,...