Role : Hive Developer / Hive Technical Lead
Location : Bethesda, MD
Type : Full Time Permanent
Job Description :
Required Skill Set : Big Insights (Hadoop) DW development experience and with Shell Scripting
Alternative Skill Set : Cloudera/HortonWorks DW development experience and with Shell Scripting
Desired Experience Range : 8 to 14 years
• Atleast 5 years of development work experience in Hadoop programming (HDFS) based Data warehouse projects. And, with good Shell Scripting experience.
• Hands-on experience in data analysis.
• Very good experience in doing Detailed Design – Should be able to design the BigInsights SQL scripts, data modeling (Logical and Physical) independently and provide creative solutions.
• Performance tuning the Hive QLs and the Cluster nodes (Ambari tool).
• Functional Testing – Functional Test plan and execution experience.
• Must have good technical lead experience and should be able to provide technical solutions for multiple projects in parallel on need basis.
• Able to do effective estimation for Hadoop based projects.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Very good at team playing and flexibility to work with Offshore team in different time zones based on project needs.
• Data warehouse development work experience in Netezza, Teradata, Exadata
• Data migration project experience and design automation solutions
• ETL tool – Informatica, Cognos and Tableau reporting
Responsibility of / Expectations from the Role :
• Good knowledge and work experience in doing the design, development and testing of Hive QLs, BigSQL and Shellscripts in Hadoop (HDFS). Able to suggest creative design solutions to the Customers.
• Excellent technical problem solving skills and perseverance while resolving technical challenges.
• Must have data warehouse project experience and able to appreciate the underlying data complexities
• Should have hands-on experience in performance tuning the SQLs and the cluster nodes.
• Able to arrive at accurate technical estimation for project requirements.
• Excellent communication skills, documentation and presentation skills.
• Good technical lead experience to work with the Offshore team and guide them effectively. Would be required to work on multiple short-term projects simultaneously.
• Flexible to switch back onto legacy projects (Netezza) as per portfolio needs.
• Possess good attitude to work in different time zone environment as per project needs.
• Good attitude to learn continually on different technologies and able to guide the teams in this front.
Thanks & Regards
Ventures Unlimited Inc.
Tel: 856-842-1988 Ext - 157
Technical Lead (Oracle)
Washington, DC - technical lead, technical, oracle, lead, iso,...
EA Tools Technical Lead / Systems Engineer
Washington, DC - technical lead, system administrator, technical,...
Technical Project Manager
Silver Spring, MD - technical, technical project, project,...
Sharepoint/.Net Technical Lead - IT Consulting -, DC
Washington, DC - technical lead, .net, sharepoint, technical,...
Full Stack Developer
Washington, DC - technical lead, ui, java, developer, web, engineer,...
Arlington, VA - mainframe, program, technical lead, technical,...
Bethesda, MD - tableau, developer, md, data, sponsorship,...