• The Configuration Specialist works with the Development and QA teams to develop and streamline Software Configuration Management Build and Release processes. This will involve the definition and enforcement of standards, policies and practices surrounding software configuration.
• The Configuration Specialist will be responsible for development, production, testing and staging environments, ensuring the proper infrastructure and availability of each environment.
• This is a hands-on position responsible for providing technical leadership and enhancement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Configuration Management (CM), Build Management and other software engineering operational activities.
• Creates build plans and schedules, develops build scripts, and prepares build and release environments for web-based enterprise application.
• Author detailed release notes.
• Administers source code version control system, and conduct version control, branching, merging, labeling for managing multiple release versions of multiple products.
• Automates incrementing build number, source code check-out, compilation, linking, collecting and packaging releasing files for releases, send emails, archiving the build results.
• Automating build tasks and processes where possible including automatic notification on build completion. Ability to troubleshoot compilation problems independently and direct to the proper people to correct the problems.
• Assists in leading efforts to standardize configuration management tools and deployment infrastructure to ensure alignment with the aggressive business growth.
• Interface directly with development and operational groups in support of software and production releases.
• Propose and implement improvements to current code release, version control and configuration management systems workflows.
• Support Development and QA teams to define and input the configuration necessary to test product enhancements, configure Development and QA environments, and manage daily builds and weekly releases.
• Work with the technical team to ensure that configuration change requests submitted by the test team are logged, cross environment impact is assessed and cross environment migrations are managed.
• Working closely with QA Manager to support QA processes, develop standards and maintaining CM documentation.
• Coordinate changes with development managers and operations personnel in the execution and deployment of code.
• Conducts user training and documents for tools.
• Writes tools to facilitate daily configuration management and development activities.
• Administration of the hardware and software systems required to support the build.
• Documentation of build instructions and processes as they relate to specific projects; Develop and maintain SCM metrics.
• Evaluate and select tools to support and improve SCM processes.
• BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration, or related technical field or equivalent experience is preferred
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in Maximo Configuration Management roles with a strong background in both Infrastructure and Application Development with experience in Java and Autoscripting plus migration manager
• Experience in large enterprise environments with multi-version software releases
• Experience with library management and hardcopy library management required, with skills preferred in version control/configuration management tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest, VSS, CVS, etc.)
• Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support.
• Ability to interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with customers, prospects, and vendors
• Demonstrates project management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Georgetown, KY - generalist, hr assistant, hr, hr generalist,...
Human Resources Specialist
Frankfort, KY - hr, guard, army, human, human resources,...
Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Associate
Lexington, KY - qa, analyst, project, testing, materials,...
Learning Technology Specialist (HE-P&C) -TN/KY
Lexington, KY - technology, specialist, excellent, learning,...
Flatbed CDL Truck Driver
Lexington, KY - steel, hr, aluminum, trailer, transmission, fi,...
HR Assistant Manager
Georgetown, KY - hr assistant, hr manager, hr, assistant manager,...
Lexington, KY - xerox, graphic, sourcing, printing, hr, animal,...