We have following position with my client. If you are interested please send me your recent resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call me at 408-385-2364.
Job Position: Websphere Application Server Admin/System Admin
Job Location : Purchase, NY
Job Type : Full Time Permanent
Independent Candidate Only:
Role IBM Websphere Application Server Middleware Production Support and System Adminstrator
Mandatory Technical / Functional Skills • Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
• 5+ years of work experience in the job as a Systems Administrator.
• Experience of the following products: IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Websphere MQ, Business Process Management (BPM), Operations Decision Management (ODM), Application Release Automation (ARA), Infrared 360 or Auto Pilot or BMC Middleware management, IIS, Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server, JBoss
• Understanding of middleware and web server security fundamentals
• In-depth knowledge of HA & DR setup for Websphere
• Experience with middleware automation is a plus.
• Working with application developers to fully utilize built in product functionality
• Very good knowledge of UNIX fundamentals
• Installation, Configuration and Scripting skills.
• Understanding of distributed computing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and interface with developers, project managers and production support groups
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong customer relationship skills
• Experience in the Airline Domain
• ITIL Foundation or Intermediate certification Preferred
• Excellent Customer / Business Orientation skills
• Excellent Problem Solving skills
Roles and responsibility • Interact with business Customers to define, analyze, and deliver Customer requirements.
• Support in a 24 by 7 on-call providing a high degree of responsiveness and sound trouble-shooting methodologies
• Provide production & non-production middleware and Web support for multiple business critical applications
• Support IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Websphere MQ, Business Process Management (BPM), DataPower and related products in production.
• Support 150 to 170 middleware interfaces in websphere production.
• Work with the various business units as well as with cross functional teams to bring new middleware-based applications live
• Work with development team and relevant business units to promote web applications to production environment
• Write operating procedures, knowledge articles, answers to FAQs, and on-call reports
• Open Problem Management Report, work with the vendor to troubleshoot product related issues and apply appropriate fix packs. Maintain middleware with appropriate patches.
• Work with help desk and ticketing systems to provide proper support and escalation procedures for deployed applications.
• Fine tune applications and servers for optimal performance.
• Provide guidance on generating scripts in order to automate tasks or provide batch capabilities for the IBM WebSphere software products
Desirable Technical / Functional Skills • Must demonstrate ability to analyze medium to large, complex or vague Business or Technical problem and translate analysis into viable solution recommendations.
• Experience in driving out requirements and building documentation process.
• Experience in developing testing methodologies and assisting testing teams in driving use cases back to detailed requirements.
• Familiar with XML, XSD, and web services.
• Familiar with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum,
• Experience in Data and/or Web Service Development/Delivery and SOA.
• Ability to work with both business and technology Customer.
Thanks & Regards
Contact Number (D): 408-385-2364
Sr. Splunk Admin
Greenwich, CT - chef, websphere, admin, mq, cruise, cvs, qa, shell,...
IT Engineer - WebSphere MQ
Franklin Lakes, NJ - websphere, cobol, mq, ibm, middleware, series,...
New York, NY - websphere, admin, mq, wealth...
Sr. Splunk Resource
Greenwich, CT - chef, websphere, cruise, qa, mq, server, cvs, unix,...
IBM WebSphere Portal Architect
New York, NY - websphere, ibm, portal, architect,...
IBM WebSphere Commerce Developer
New York, NY - websphere, h1b, commerce, ibm, pl, developer,...
Yonkers, NY - application, epic, support, it, desk, live, test,...