Position: IT System (Middleware) Software Specialist
Duration: ASAP until July 2017
Location: Winnipeg MB
Engagement Specifications – Work Required
Under the general direction of the Middleware Coordinator, the IT Systems Software Specialist is responsible for the effective day-to-day functioning of the City’s information technology infrastructure. This includes managing the City’s Database, Application and Web systems software infrastructure.
This position may work on several key projects including the migration of the City’s Oracle 11g databases to Oracle 12c, migration of the City’s email users from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016 and creation and support of a SharePoint 2016 environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Deploys, modifies, tests, and maintains systems software at local and remote sites, to provide an infrastructure for the City’s information technology needs.
2. Analyses and resolves system problems, ensuring established system availability and response time objectives are met.
3. Provides technical consultation on systems software and hardware.
4. Researches technical requirements and recommends solutions.
5. Documents the technical and operational environment.
6. Ability and willingness to work occasional off-hours.
1. A University Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Thorough working knowledge of computer systems software, hardware, and techniques.
3. Five years progressive work experience deploying and supporting IT infrastructure software solutions.
4. Knowledge and experience with client/server and Internet systems.
5. Experience with deploying and maintaining a combination of the following infrastructure products in a Windows Server environment:
a. Database Management Systems including Oracle 12c and MS SQL Server 2012.
b. Web Server software such as Microsoft IIS, Apache or BEA Web Logic.
6. Experience with implementation and management of Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Microsoft SharePoint 2016 preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to analyze system problems and to carry out corrective actions.
8. Experience in planning and implementing components within large-scale systems implementation projects.
9. Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively and establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. The selected candidate will be expected to report onsite at the City Hall, 510 Main Street throughout the duration of this engagement, and may be required to perform work at other locations within the City as needed
2. This position requires an in depth background Level 2 security clearance check from the Winnipeg Police Service
3. The successful candidate and their agency will be expected to agree to the terms of the Department’s non-disclosure agreement
COLLABORATIVE EFFORT SYNERGIZE
Opusing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CANADA: 120 Traders Blvd East Unit 118 Mississauga ON - L4Z 2H7
CANADA: 25 Sheppard AVE. West Suite 300 Toronto ON - M2N 6S6
USA: 101 Federal Street Suite 1900 Boston MA - 02110
USA: NJ PA OH GA FL MN IL TN TX CO AZ CA
PH: 647-724-5065, FAX : 877-828-7464 email@example.com
We are proudly a “certified minority owned business”
Canada, Winnipeg, MB - system administrator, administrator, printing,...
Home Solutions Specialist - P:embina PT
Canada, Winnipeg, MB - customer care, holders, electronics, specialist,...
Technical Sales Representative - Reservoir Monitoring
Canada, Calgary, AB - fiber, optic, gas, thermal, ensure, high, oil,...
Application Support Developer
Canada, Winnipeg, MB - vb, application support, visual basic, .net,...
IT Support Specialist
Canada, Brandon, MB - it support, support specialist, cabling, user,...
Seasonal Sales Support
Canada, Winnipeg, MB - french, bell, sales support, sales, ambassador,...
Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Canada, West Saint Paul, MB - centre, qa, software developer, figure, software,...