• A BS or MS in Quality, Engineering or Science related field.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years of related work experience.
• Experience in Advanced Quality Planning including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards.
• Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related.
• Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is required.
• Proficient in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of quality statistical concepts and robust problem solving methodology. Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
• Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
• American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQE status, is a plus.
• Lead, develop, manage and execute all quality systems required within assigned area of responsibility.
• Support customers, suppliers, Launch personnel, and Operations staff.
• Execute PPAP submissions, as required.
• Support of the corrective action process. This includes preparation and submission of customer required documentation and construction of 8D problem solving responses.
• Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Flows (PF) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents for assigned programs.
• Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Control Plans for assigned programs.
• Ensure compliance to Process Control Plan requirements.
• Ensure that Customer, internal and supplier quality corrective actions (8D’s) meet timing, quality and format requirements.
• Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
• Support Launch and sample part builds to ensure compliance to dimensional and functional requirements.
• Ensure the appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process.
• Support internal and 3rd party audits of the production process and ensure timely close out of any required corrective actions.
• Demonstrate “Acceptable” behaviors per the Employee Competency Model.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The position is located at a production facility. Limited travel to customer and/or supplier sites will be required. The position may require work with potentially hazardous products in a controlled, safe environment.
Grand Rapids, MI - quality engineer, sigma, lean, engineer, lean six,...
Grand Rapids, MI - design engineer, solidworks, foundry, engineer,...
Grand Rapids, MI - mechanical engineer, solidworks, design engineer,...
New Launch Tooling Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI - die, stamping, welding, tooling, crane, metal, cad,...
Mechanical Design Engineer
Holland, MI - solidworks, design engineer, mechanical design,...
Core for Production, Quality at Delhi ncr
India, New Delhi, DL - fresher, mechanical engineer, ncr, noida...
Grand Rapids, MI - design engineer, hvac, press, autocad, mechanical,...