In this position, the Human Factors Engineer will apply knowledge of human performance (perceptual, cognitive and motor skills) and human factors techniques to identify user needs, requirements, and inform design across the product lifecycle. Activities will include: field research to identify user needs and work flows; task analysis; software and hardware user interface design evaluations; usability testing; risk assessment; and post-launch outcomes analysis.
• Conduct field studies/research and apply the outcomes to requirements definition, concept development, and detailed design.
• Work closely with marketing, product planning, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory to produce design solutions that meet user needs and take into account business needs and manufacturing constraints.
• Prepare sketches and rendered design illustrations for presentation of design concepts. Direct the development of physical mock-ups and interactive prototypes of design concepts.
• Plan and conduct end user evaluations of product concepts, analyze data, document evaluation methods and results; and present design recommendations to the product team.
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements for Human Factors in medical device development and perform Human Factors activities within the constraints of a regulated environment.
• Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are applicable.
• Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work.
• Travel globally up to 20% of the time.
• 2+ years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree; or
• 1+ years of experience with Master’s Degree; or
• 0-2+ years of experience with PhD.
• Experience designing and evaluating software or hardware products using principles of Human Factors and Ergonomics
• Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and other Human Factors experts.
• Graduate degree in Human Factors, Biomechanics, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or a related field.
• Experience working in a regulated (preferably medical device) environment.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate creative, technical, and aesthetic considerations with innovative problem solving techniques to develop design concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and work across multiple projects at the same time.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up advanced domain knowledge.
• Experience designing for populations with special needs.
• Experience designing for medical devices.
• 3+ years’ experience as a Human Factors Practitioner.
Human Factors Design Engineer
Minneapolis, MN - design engineer, human, design, medical device,...
Eng II - Log
Minneapolis, MN - eng, assembly, engineer, mechanical, security,...
Eng Prin - Sys Safety
Minneapolis, MN - eng, safety, technical, mitigation, naval, defense,...
Eng II - Mech
Minneapolis, MN - cad, eng, engineering, mechanical, mech, technical,...
MN - billing, human, medicaid, filing, computer, entry,...
Cost Reduction Engineer - Technical Specialist
Fridley, MN - assembly, planner, projects, design, range,...
Human Resources Intern
Minneapolis, MN - human, resources, related, intern, hris, excel,...