At SmartDog Services, we are interested in connecting with highly-skilled Oracle EBS Apps DBAs who would like to work within our DBA On Demand team, which includes remote database administration and partial travel to client sites.
At SmartDog you will work on a broad variety of complex projects in many different client industries and continue to expand your talents by providing quality work, exploring new approaches and exceeding client expectations.
-US Citizen or Green card holder
-Full time employment
-Candidates based in Central, Mountain & Eastern US
-Occasional travel to client sites is required.
In this role, Oracle Apps DBA on Demand™, you will enjoy the flexibility of working remotely, including some partial travel to client sites, while expanding your skills and staying challenged with current technology.
This is not an on-site assignment with one client – it’s a full-time, salaried position to work on a team of remote consultants as part of our DBA on Demand™ team.
It will require project experience with Oracle Apps 12.2 technology stack, weblogic and online patching.
DBA on Demand™ utilizes a team approach to ensure that customers receive an optimal level of support. Ongoing remote support (available up to 24 7) is accomplished through high-speed remote access and advanced tools for remote connectivity and monitoring. As a member of the DBA on Demand™ you will be responsible for providing proactive and reactive DBA services, performing DBA projects and participate in the team’s on-call rotation.
Duties will include:
Retainer based Oracle DBA and eBusiness applications DBA monitoring services, project consulting work and technical sales support. The position will also include developing the skill sets of junior or intermediate level DBAs.
• Develop, maintain, perform, and test backup and recovery procedures
• Provide proactive performance monitoring, and capacity planning
• Administer and maintain security policies and procedures
• Perform installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations
• Evaluate new trends and technologies and provide best practices and recommendations.
• Assist team production support and off hour application deployments
• Creation of scripts to assist in automating deployment and administrative task
• Manage Java Virtual Machine (JVM) settings and options including class path, HEAP sizes, Java Argument configurations, and other system settings
• Use networking, operating system, application tools to analyze and modify performance settings to improve operational performance
• Schedule and perform after hour software maintenance as required by customer needs
• Should have experience with applications/tech stack/database upgrades, cloning, installations, patching, performance tuning and backups/recovery
• The ideal candidate would have over 5 years experience in an Oracle Applications DBA role (including 11i & R12) and over 7 years experience with Oracle RDBMS (Including 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c).
•Prior client project experience with Oracle Apps 12.2 technology stack, weblogic and online patching.
• Experience with Oracle Application Server 10g/WebLogic 11g required.
• Experience upgrading Oracle Applications 11i to R12.
• Experience with RMAN and various backup techniques.
• Experience with RAC and DataGuard with EBS Applications 11i/R12.
• Current Oracle Applications 11i/R12 DBA skills for complex 24 7 environments.
• Hands-on architecture, installation, upgrade, production support, cloning, and advanced configuration skills.
• Adherence to processes, change control, and understanding the importance of documentation is required.
• The candidate must be able to take scheduled 24 hour on-call shifts, be team and process oriented, and able to work multiple high priority assignments at one time.
• The candidate must also have great oral and written communication skills due to a high level of interaction with customers .
• The candidate must also be able to work effectively with internal sales, management, and delivery organizations.
• Customer service, time management, self-motivation, and the discipline to work from home is required.
• Install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot Oracle Fusion Middleware systems in non-clustered and clustered configurations
• Experience with Cloud Architectures, migrations, and support in a cloud or hybrid environment
• SOA Suite installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• OCP Certification highly preferred
• Prior helpdesk or consulting, client facing experience is preferred
B.S. in Computer Science or MIS; or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience
SmartDog Services is an Oracle Platinum Partner, recipient of the OAUG “User’s Choice and Best Visionary” award and four time Oracle TOLA Partner of the Year recipient.
At SmartDog we pride ourselves in being “The Oracle Customer’s Best Friend.” Oracle is a great technology, however its complexity and capabilities often leave customers wishing they had a friend in the business to advise them on how to get the most of this investment. Established in 1991, we help customers maximize the value of their Oracle software. From DBA support to custom development to Oracle’s E-Business Suite, we work closely with our clients as a trusted advisor to identify and deliver a broad array of cost-effective Oracle IT solutions.
Atlanta, GA - dba, oracle, database, oracle dba, pl,...
Senior Oracle DBA
Atlanta, GA - dba, oracle dba, oracle, recovery, disaster,...
Atlanta, GA - dba, oracle, hadoop, warehousing, rac, recovery,...
Oracle Apps DBA
Atlanta, GA - ebs, dba, apps, r12, oracle, rac, java...
Sr Administrator, Database Oracle
Atlanta, GA - oracle, dba, database, processor, lte, shell, aix,...
Sr Oracle Apps DBA
Atlanta, GA - ebs, dba, oracle, dr, database administrator, apps,...
Senior Oracle DBA
Atlanta, GA - dba, oracle dba, oracle, administrator, max,...