Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. 10 years of senior management experience within the nonprofit world.
2. Demonstrated expertise in fundraising (directly and leading a team) with a focus on corporate development and campaigns.
3. Demonstrated success working with a Board of Directors and the ability to build, cultivate, and grow existing Board member relationships.
4. CAN DO! WILL DO! – High energy, passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
5. Advanced degree (ideally an MBA) is strongly preferred
Company Overview: Our client is the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding research, finding cures and ensuring access to treatments for blood cancer patients.
The Executive Director needs to be thoroughly committed to both the Chapter and National mission.
• Proven track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes based organization and staff.
• Demonstrated success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate and grow existing Board member relationships.
• Strong sales, marketing, public relations, corporate development, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and diverse cultures.
• Proven fundraising results with knowledge and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media and emerging online channels.
Volunteer Development & Fundraising
• Recruit, develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors.
• Recruit, develop and support high level volunteers to lead the local chapter fundraising campaigns.
• Serve as the Chief Fundraising Officer of the Chapter.
• Oversee the recruitment and engagement of key volunteers to support the annual plan of work across donor development and the campaigns.
Chapter Mission, Strategy & Operations
• Work collaboratively with National Office, Local Board and Chapter Staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through effective programs, strategic and operational planning, and community outreach.
Chapter Leadership, Management & Communications
• Cultivate productive relationships with the media and various constituent and related groups including professional, educational and political leadership.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush at email@example.com. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.
Executive Director, Graduate Enrollment Management
New York, NY - executive director, executive, director...
Director of Development
New York, NY - fundraising, executive director, donor, executive,...
New York, NY - fundraising, executive director, director,...
Executive Director of Corporate Outreach and Business
New York, NY - executive director, executive, director, italian,...
Executive Director of Industry Relations and Career Strategies
New York, NY - executive director, executive, director, relations,...
Associate Director Major Gifts
New York, NY - executive director, figure, fundraising, fund,...
Executive Director, Palliative Care Operations - NY
New York, NY - palliative, executive director, develop,...