REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES OF
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF THE ST. LOUIS REGION AND SOUTHWEST MISSOURI
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Lead Clinician
Assist physician in all clinic areas including intake, procedure, recovery, utility rooms and discharge. Flexible hours, weekend work required. May take calls during evenings and weekends; will take call during clinic hours. Physical stamina required to meet needs of surgical patients; i.e., bending, lifting and standing for long periods. Must create a quality medical environment and a caring patient environment. Must be organized, multi- task oriented for a fast paced, multi disciplined team approach to patient care.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED
• Assess patient physical and medical history
• Assess patient’s medical status and make appropriate decisions and actions
• Assist physician in procedure room as necessary
• Observe, take vital signs and record patient's condition in pre-operative/recovery room and give medications, start IVs as directed
• Give after care instructions and discharge with documentation
• Assist in transfers/emergency care as directed
• Take patient calls during clinic hours; may take evenings and weekends calls
• Perform other duties as required, including usage and tracking of medications; high alert and referral patient follow-up
• May provide 72 hour informed consent for abortion care as a qualified health professional
• May include ultrasound training and duties
• May include lab training and duties
• May include additional training in Patient Education and duties.
• Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
• Participate in the affiliate efforts to achieve established productivity and revenue cycle goals.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
• Adheres to PPSLRSWMO and department policies and medical standards and guidelines that ensure the provision of the highest quality and most professional services to all PPSLRSWMO clients
• Protects PPSLRSWMO's assets from liability including but not limited to assuring proper informed consent has been obtained for any and all medical interventions requiring patient’s consent.
• Assures for the physical safety of PPSLRSWMO clients, staff, and volunteers
• Protects confidentiality of all PPSLRSWMO clients, donors, Board and all areas of operations
• Follows HIPAA privacy and security guidelines
• Current Missouri License. I understand that it is my professional obligation to keep all licensure and certification up to date and to provide a copy of such to the affiliate. I understand that current licensure (and certification, if applicable) is a condition of my employment.
• IV training, CPR certification, ACLS training recommended. If needed, necessary certifications (i.e. IV training)
• Excellent verbal and documentation skills
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with physicians and other professional and volunteer members of staff
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy to patients and family members
• Knowledge of quality assurance and risk management standards
• Bilingual skills a plus, particularly Spanish or Serbo-Croatian or Vietnamese
PPSLRSWMO is an equal opportunity employer.
Clinical Support Nurse - Transitional Care/Stepdown Unit - Full Time
St. Louis, MO - st, health, clinical, nurse, r.n., care, mo, staff,...
CathLab RN Assignment: Saint Louis, Missouri (Travel )
St. Louis, MO - lab, nurse, mo, r.n., st, facility...
RN / Registered Nurse - sign-on bonus
Fairview Heights, IL - nurse, registered, registered nurse, care, r.n.,...
Registered Nurse RN NICU
St. Louis, MO - treatment, registered, registered nurse, nicu,...
Registered Nurse - FT Nights - Bonus - Kindr
St. Louis, MO - nurse, r.n., registered, med, nursing, care,...
Registered Nurse - FT Days - Bonus - Kindred
St. Louis, MO - nurse, registered nurse, registered, acute, med,...
RN-PCU/Stepdown - Travel Nursing: Stepdown Travel Nurse avail
St. Louis, MO - r.n., care, progressive, registered, nurse,...