We are currently looking to fill a fulltime position as a Machinist at our company in Medina. We are looking for someone with experience running a vertical turret lathe, on a Webster Bennett.
Contact Judi in human resources 330-869-4820 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
Effectively and efficiently set-up and operate Horizontal Boring Mills and Vertical Turret Lathes.
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Responsibility and authority to stop production and to notify my supervisor if there is a quality or safety issue.
2. Have a basic understanding of the quality policy and objectives and know where to find them.
3. Set up and operate CNC and Manual multi axis horizontal milling machines and vertical turret lathes.
4. Perform operations on components such as turning, milling, drilling & tapping.
5. Keep work center clean and safe on a daily basis.
6. Operate jib hoists and overhead cranes.
7. Perform any other duty as assigned by management.
1. Machinist with at least 4 years experience on set up and operation of CNC HBM or VTL.
2. Thorough knowledge of set up and machining weldments and castings on a turntable application.
3. Understanding and proven knowledge and experience of cutting tool applications on a horizontal milling machine.
4. Must know application of gauging using 2 ft. to 8 ft. vernier, large micrometer inside and outside.
5. Length to diameter ratio application of cutting tools.
6. Knowledgeable with speeds and feeds of HSS and carbide tooling.
7. Thorough knowledge of chip breaker in cutting tools.
8. Understand and can recognize sharp tools, drills, end mills, etc.
9. Must know crane and jib hoist operations and rigging application.
10. Must be proficient with reading prints in complex designs.
11. Interacts with design engineering on form, fit and function.
12. Must be able to troubleshoot G code programs.
13. Proficient with shop math (trigonometry, metric conversions, soft and hard formulas).
14. Must be able to evaluate CNC code and math application to size, location and true positional tolerances.
15. Proficient in geometric tolerances.
Education and Continuous Improvement:
1. Machinist with at least 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Actively contribute in the company’s continuous improvement programs to continually strive to improve/enhance the Quality Management System.
OH - machinist, tooling, plant, machining,...
Barberton, OH - cnc, machinist, nuclear, machining...
Wadsworth, OH - cnc, machinist, cnc machinist, machine, machines,...
OH - cnc, machinist, lathe, mill, cnc machinist,...
Manual Machinist - 2nd shift
Richfield, OH - machinist, manual, 2nd shift, 2nd, machines, hire,...
Machinist Cold Forming
OH - machinist, press, cold, inspection, machinery,...
Cleveland, OH - machinist...