What's cool about this job
As part of our client's design team, your role as a Sr. Materials Designer, will require you to carry out all aspects of research, development and design in materials to support the overall design and development process. You’ll present trend right materials to the team and work closely with our vendors and partners on our Asia team to ensure our material goals are achieved. You’ll be responsible for presenting material trend direction to the design teams, ensuring that their fabrics are on target for not just aesthetic purposes, but also meeting their critical performance requirements. You’ll be involved in the overall fabric development process and work as a strategic partner with our designers and brand team to achieve the industry’s leading outdoor products.
• Research and present emerging materials trends into seasonal palettes by attending material shows and meeting regularly with suppliers
• Lead overall fabric direction based on material trend & use while achieving target performance requirements and price
• Collaborate with Design, Brand Management, Materials Production, and Development to create materials that achieve specifics around product functionality, performance, aesthetics
• Partner with Design team and Materials Production to ensure total fabric package is suitable for end use (meets both performance and aesthetic direction
• Work closely with Materials Commercialization team to ensure fabric commercialization process is successful
• Participate in sample review sessions to achieve best product oversight.
• Manage the materials calendar and process.
• Acquire initial proto yardage and partner with Materials Execution team to ensure sample yardage is executed.
• Create a collaborative and strategic partnership with Materials Production and Execution team to manage mill relationships and fabric expectations
• Manage fabric brief details with design and PLM partners to determine specific fabric direction for each product including performance and aesthetic characteristics
• Integrate sustainability targets into every aspect of materials design and development, including achieving Bluesign goals.
• Oversee coordination and review with Asia materials team to ensure all materials meet our client’s end-use needs and ensure information is documented and available for Materials Production and Execution team within calendar deadlines.
• Review testing with product team to ensure fabric quality meets end use requirement
• Develop and maintain a materials library with up to date materials, testing history, and inspirational fabrics.
• Create and manage tried and true, tested fabrics for the materials library which continue to achieve our client’s goals.
• Continuously build advanced materials expertise and work to create a network of contact within the industry
• Evaluate the risk associated with all material developments and communicate them to the product teams.
$80K-$100K + 15% Bonus Target
Creative Marketing Designer
Seattle, WA - designer, graphic, seo, illustrator, photoshop,...
Network Engineer / Designer
Kent, WA - designer, network engineer, computing, components,...
Sales Associate - Part Time - Bravern
Bellevue, WA - designer, brand, customer, music, operational,...
Sr. UX Designer
Seattle, WA - designer, visual, design, telecom, user,...
Seattle, WA - designer, instructional, content, learning,...
Fire Designer / Engineer
Auburn, WA - designer, fire, engineer, autocad, protection, six,...
Auburn, WA - designer, instructional, instructor, dell,...