Service Desk Technician
Different by Nature…
The Community - Salt Lake City, UT
Utah's capital city, and the only one with an international airport, emanates a small-town feel. Downtown is easy to get around and – outside of entertainment enclaves – come evening it's fairly quiet. You'd never know 1.2 million people live in the metro area. Yes, this is the Mormon equivalent of Vatican City, and the LDS owns a lot of land, but less than half the town's population are church members – the university and the great-outdoors-at-your-doorstep vibe have attracted a wide range of residents. A liberal spirit is evident everywhere from the coffeehouses to the yoga classes, where elaborate tattoos are the norm. Foodies will find much to love among the multitude of international and organic dining options (think Himalayan and East African). And when the trail beckons, you're a scant 45 minutes from the Wasatch Mountains' brilliant hiking and skiing. Friendly people, great food and outdoor adventure – what could be better?
Salt Lake City VAMC
The VA Salt Lake City Health Care System (VASLCHCS) consists of the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. The George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center is a mid-sized affiliated tertiary care facility with 121 authorized active beds. It is a teaching facility, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, and geriatrics. The VASLCHCS is part of the VA Network 19, which includes facilities in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Idaho, and Nevada.
Responsible for supporting the National Service Desk (NSD) organization to ensure Veteran Administration Technology Infrastructure Services are delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations. Receives and responds to customer problems, issues, requests. Ensures proper documentation, notification, escalation, and tracking and follow up of all incidents. Provides first level support for resolution of customers’ incidents. Combines demonstrated technical qualities with exceptional customer service in daily responsibilities. Job is performed with general supervision. Reports to appointed Supervisor.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Attains a minimum of 85.5% of working hours each day in an “available state” while logged into the telephone ACD queue; must log in promptly at designated work hours.
• Receives and logs customer problem/request/issues and ensures proper documentation.
• Performs initial level of problem identification and attempts to resolve using provided knowledge articles when appropriate otherwise contacts Level I Service Desk Consultant to assist.
• Assists with monitoring and tracking incidents to ensure resolution occurs within the customer Service Level Agreement by documenting all troubleshooting efforts in problem ticket and makes prompt notification to responsible party for resolution in order to minimize the amount of time taken to resolve customer issues.
• Performs incident notification and escalation to ensure problems/request/issues are communicated effectively and receive proper management attention.
• Performs follow up on all incidents with customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of the problem tracking software and database.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of customer and customer specific business environment. Develops and maintains an understanding of customer Service Level Agreements.
• Develops and maintains technical skills and understanding of supported client browsers with the IO Service Desk to achieve problem resolution goals.
• Participates in operational readiness testing for new business transition activities as required.
• Seeks opportunities to improve knowledge, skills and performance and is receptive to constructive criticism.
• Works independently with general supervision and maintains a high-degree of professional conduct at all times.
Sample Daily Tasks
• Reports to work on time and with the proper attitude.
• Make themselves ready to take calls (or contacts).
• Answer Calls per provided scripts.
• Answer calls in a professional manner to include managing tone and content of verbal context.
• Follow scripts to identify caller’s issues/requests.
• Follow scripts to trouble shoot the callers issues/request.
• Properly complete an incident ticket and forward to the proper escalation partner.
• High School or GED credentials of completion.
• 3 Years of experience required with exposure to customer service and computer support.
• .5-1 years Personal Computer experience including customer support or Help Desk - Desirable.
• .5+ years of customer service or public relations experience – Desirable.
• Experience with an incident tracking system - Desirable.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
Technical experience desired in
• Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• Microsoft Office
• Network Connectivity
• Print Services
• E-Mail and Internet mail
• Basic PC usage and troubleshooting
• Ability and desire to build additional technical skills
• Ability to interact effectively with others
• Ability to follow instructions to produce desired results
• Aptitude to multi-task workloads according to established priorities
• Ability to remain calm and courteous in periods of stress
• Ability to work with broad range of experience levels
• Good administrative and organizational skills
• Flexible and possesses a willingness to work overtime and work varying hours as required
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Salt Lake City, UT - desk, service desk, itil, remote, technician,...
Help Desk Support Technician A+ Certification
Salt Lake City, UT - desk, remote, help desk, service desk,...
Level 1 Help Desk Technical Support Agent (1st 2nd & 3rd shift)
Salt Lake City, UT - desk, technical support, help desk, directory,...
Murray, UT - desk, service desk, watch, video, service, caller,...
IT Service Desk Senior Manager
Salt Lake City, UT - service desk, desk, tier, ticketing, problems,...
IT Help Desk
Salt Lake City, UT - desk, help desk, ops, city, it...
Help Desk Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT - desk, help desk, specialist, city...