Assistant MDS Coordinator – Bellingham, WA
We have a new employment opportunity for an Assistant MDS Coordinator within a high quality skilled nursing facility located in Bellingham, Washington.
Our building is beautiful! Residents enjoy the bright and open environment, large private suites and semi-private rooms, and our light and airy dining room.
We’re proud to be a locally run and 100% employee-owned company. Our organization is well established and is also a part of the fastest growing healthcare management company in the west. Come join our professional team and our unwavering commitment to caring.
The chosen MDS candidate will be rewarded with market-leading compensation. We are looking for a Nurse with solid clinical experience within long term care. This is a full-time day shift position.
Assistant MDS Coordinator essential functions:
• Coordinate the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to ensure timely completion of clinical assessments for each resident.
• Coordinates and performs nursing assessments at time of admission and ongoing.
• Participate in the daily quality review of new admission medical records, physician orders, and nursing reports for the prior 24-72 hours.
• Initiate development of individual care plans and care directives utilizing nursing process, Minimum Data Set (MDS), Care Area Assessments (CAAs), and resident input.
• Update resident care plans and care directives as necessary in compliance with regulations.
• Utilize the MDS scheduler to plan and set MDS Assessment Reference Dates (ARDs).
• Maintain the Medicare Prospective Payment System (PPS) communication board for the unit.
• Assist the DNS with managing, supervising, coordination and participating in resident care programs, including the day to day oversight of care delivery in conjunction with other IDT members.
• Validate that resident needs are being met timely and professionally.
• Participate in committees and meetings such as Resident Care Conferences, Nutrition/Hydration/Skin, Behavior and Medication, Unusual Events and fall prevention.
• Assist DNS to develop, interpret, implement and validate that Center policies and procedures, standards of practice and regulatory guidelines are adhered to by unit staff.
• Participate in Quality Assurance Program as directed by DNS.
Education, license, & experience requirements:
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a nursing services management role with oversight of resident care and daily staff performance.
• License in the state in which Center is located
• Maintain all required education credits
• AANAC certification: MDS 3.0, or must complete the AANAC certification within 3 months of hire (Center covers cost of certification if needed)
Benefits and Perks:
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available for full time employees
• Generous PTO for full time
• Competitive hourly wages
• Employee Stock Option Program
Please click apply now, email resume to Tony Perry at TPerry@essusa.net, or fax resume to 877-685-8779 to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
WA - mds, administrator, system administrator, data,...
Speech Pathologist - Per Diem
Mount Vernon, WA - mds, speech, education, communication, pathologist,...
Event Coordinator / PR Assistant - FULL TIME
WA - event, pr, assistant, coordinator,...
WA - reports, annuity, review, coordinator, patent, ip,...
Statewide Outreach Director - K - Services
WA - teachers, administrator, childhood, executive,...
Registered Nurse (RN) - Program Coordinator in Longview, WA
Bellingham, WA - pacific, hr, system, coordinator, health care,...
Canada, Surrey, BC - chemist, chemistry, b.c., ex, faculty, technician...