• This position will be performing analysis including, but not limited to, wet chemistry, experimental milling and baking, and bio-chemical analysis of grains, seeds and flour products of milling.
• The technician will be expected to perform calibration checks and preventive maintenance on lab equipment, as well as perform other quality control activities, as assigned.
• The technician is responsible for timely and accurate communication of results to their manager and the project teams they support.
• They must have the ability to explain the significance of the results, and when inaccuracies are noted, proactively notify their manager and work together to identify root cause and take steps to resolve the issue.
• This position requires that the technician be certified in all the tests they are performing and participate in internal and external cross checks to maintain certification.
• Finally, as assigned, the technician will be expected to support select R&D, Product Development and Instrumentation initiatives, which may include evaluating new technologies, and/or developing new methods that better serve our customer needs.
• Works safely in a laboratory environment, actively adhering to all AM Food Safety and EH&S policies.
• Supports daily prioritization and preparation of incoming samples for testing.
• Analyze grains, seeds, flours, bakery mixes and finished product performance using wet chemistry, experimental milling and baking techniques, and bio-chemical analysis.
• Reliably generates, records and communicates accurate results using appropriate communication tools.
• Performs routine calibration and maintenance of lab equipment to ensure accuracy of results.
• Able to competently operate laboratory equipment interfaced with computer software. Once trained able to troubleshoot equipment problems to identify root causes & resolve issues.
• Supports the maintenance of electronic databases and timely documentation of results in laboratory notebooks.
• Generates simple reports, as directed.
• Provides technical support to cross functional teams as assigned.
• Activities may include but are not limited to innovation, renovation and mill related initiatives; plus evaluation of new instrumentation and development of new test methods.
• Responsible for maintaining a lab environment that is clean, orderly and safe by following proper policies and procedures.
• Maintains stock of supplies; communicate needs to purchasing agent.
• Able to lift 50 LB (20 KG • Flexible work conditions (Office, Laboratory, Pilot Plant, Coolers, Freezers & plant environment).
• Able to work with and consume wheat products; i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitity, intolerance and/or allergies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
• Bachelors’ Degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good laboratory techniques and scientific methodology.
• Good team player with a positive attitude.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to keep details organized.
• Self-motivated, curious and creative (implement creativity to reach a goal).
• Must be flexible, organized, and have demonstrated ability to handle changing priorities.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to works with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize assignments.
• Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and technical procedures.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
• Bachelors’ Degree in a Scientific Discipline.
• 3+ years relevant experience (industry and/or academia).
• Previous employment with in a laboratory.
• Familiarity with AACC standard methods used in milling and baking is strongly desired.
• Ability to utilize analytical and processing equipment including lab scale mill, farinograph, RVA, mixolab, extensigraph, rheofermentometer desired.
HIRING: Laboratory Technician
Denver, CO - milling, mill, instrumentation, bio, chemistry,...
Lab Technician I
Denver, CO - lab technician, components, labeling, laboratory,...
Aurora, CO - optometrist, lab technician, optical, optician,...
Quality Lab Technician- F&S - 159349
Denver, CO - milling, mill, lab, lab technician,...
Nutritional Health Coach
Denver, CO - nutrition, biology, education, organic, secretary,...
Denver, CO - biology, laboratory technician, animal, laboratory,...
Denver, CO - instructor, tutor, oracle, co, project, upper,...