DAF is currently seeking a Construction Field Safety Engineer.
DAF is a rapidly-growing, diversified construction management firm seeking people to join our New York team. DAF employees are competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges, and are willing to take risks after careful evaluation. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
• Challenging complex environment projects
• Fosters creative and innovative problem solving rewarding success
• Encourages two-way communication with principles
• Opportunities for growth and development within the company
• Location flexibility – FL, SC, PA, NY etc.
The Safety Engineer assists with inspections and accident investigations, conducts safety meetings, as well as the overall implementation of the Project Safety and Health Program. The Safety Engineer shall be responsible for compiling and maintaining necessary records, logs and other reports pertaining to safety required by the contractor, client, federal, state and local regulations.
• Manage all aspects of safety and health on a construction project site.
• Inspect and evaluate the project site, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, company, owner, policies and procedures.
• Plan, control and coordinate all work to eliminate hazards, minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damages.
• Work directly with the Project Manager and Superintendent including the management team to develop and implement an effective site specific safety plan.
• Facilitate or participate in incident investigations and near-miss reporting.
• Implement all drug testing procedures for pre-hire, reasonable cause, random and post incident.
• Conduct monthly contractors’ toolbox safety meetings
• Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Civil Engineer, or Construction Management degree preferred
• 10 years of construction experience managing safety or a related field, with demonstrated ability to provide a high level of safety leadership to both management and craft workers.
• Knowledge of regulations and standards and hazard recognition injury management skills, and written and verbal communication skills as they pertain to the building construction industry such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, TCEQ, state and local rules.
• First Aid, CPR AED
• Certified Safety Profession (preferred)
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (preferred)
• Certified Health and Safety Technician (preferred)
• Leadership skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran
Sent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, NY - superintendent, project, construction project,...
New York, NY - superintendent, construction,...
New York, NY - superintendent, construction manager, project,...
New York, NY - engineer, construction, material, island,...
New York, NY - construction, construction management,...
Supers, Assistant Supers, Estimators
New York, NY - construction, assistant...
Django Engineer - SaaS company servicing unique industry
New York, NY - company, industry, full, engineer, pay, experience,...