PC Support Analyst needed! Job#3312
Location: Collierville, TN
Relocation: Not Available
SUMMARY: The PC Support Analyst will provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
The PC Support Analyst is responsible for the overall coordination, control and maintenance of Personal Computers within the enterprise to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise strategies. Must primarily perform work requiring advanced learning or work that is original and creative. Also, must consistently exercise independent choice and judgment or perform work requiring invention, imagination or talent in a recognized field of artistic endeavor 50% or more of the time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Provides technical, operations, and training support to users of company's personal computers either by telephone or on-site relative to desktop hardware and software packages.
* Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs. Assists in planning and designing PC support systems. Acts as liaison for data transfer systems design and implementation.
* Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software to the client's satisfaction.
* Maintains software and hardware registration and inventory to provide upgrades as necessary and insure appropriate security levels are maintained.
* Installs and tests personal computers, printers, and other peripherals;
* Configures operating system, applications software programs.
* Provides support of Desktop and LAN resources including break/fix activity by responding to problems issued from the Help Desk.
* Maintains documentation concerning PC software and network systems.
* Develops system administration procedures including user administration, backups, virus detection, etc.
* Creates and maintains documentation concerning PC software and network systems.
* Upholds the enterprise policy guidelines as well as recommend new and improved guidelines to insure compatibility and better service enterprise users of personal computers.
* Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing office automation solutions.
* Evaluates new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
* Assists in the evaluation of hardware, software, and peripherals for new projects and replacements as necessary.
* Provides backup support for Network administration functions.
* Create and maintain PC images.
* Assists in the monitoring, tuning and tracking of LAN performance and resources.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of network addressing schemes (i.e., Domain Name Servers, etc.) and Active Directory Services maintenance.
* Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
* Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two-year technical degree and three to five years of experience supporting PC hardware and software in a networked environment including installing and configuring applications and operating systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Experience in a customer service environment.
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
* Knowledge of Microsoft suite: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of Internet Browsers.
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated excellent customer care skills.
* Demonstrated written & verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to follow detailed documented procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
* Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Point to Point Protocol (PPP), the World Wide Web, and routing protocols a plus.
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. Two-year technical degree or higher preferred.
2. 3+ years of experience supporting PC hardware and software in a networked environment including installing and configuring applications and operating systems.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft suite: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
4. Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Point to Point Protocol (PPP), the World Wide Web, and routing protocols a plus.
Please send resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment and include salary, phone number and reference Job #3312. candidates must also provide responses to the employer's BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS
PC Support Analyst-3312
Collierville, TN - support analyst, desktop, pc, analyst, hardware,...
PC Support Analyst
Collierville, TN - support analyst, pc, operating, support, microsoft,...
Bilingual Help Desk Analyst
Memphis, TN - h1b, desk, help desk, analyst, bilingual...
Help Desk Engineer Help Desk Technician Level II or III Technician
Memphis, TN - desk, help desk, desktop support, engineer,...
Sales - Regional Sales Manager - Tennessee Valley
TN - team, support, development, customer, professional,...
Desktop Support Technician
Memphis, TN - desktop support, desktop, support analyst,...
Desktop Support Technician
Memphis, TN - desktop support, support analyst, desktop, support,...