In addition to the following, employees are responsible for understanding the relevance and importance of the individual’s activities in contributing to food safety, and reporting situations that may impact food.
To support the entire facility by repairing, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance on all plant and packaging related refrigeration & HVAC equipment.
1. Able to read and perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
2. Basic computer skills such as keyboarding required.
3. Excellent customer service skills such as problem solving, timeliness, and follow-up required.
4. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
5. Mandatory EPA certification required: Type I & II.
6. In order for an applicant to be awarded a job bid as a refrigeration specialist, one must have performed work as an ‘A’ refrigeration mechanic or have comparable experience and/or demonstrated abilities.
7. One must successfully pass an exam that encompasses all technical aspects of the refrigeration specialist position as defined by the multi-skill commission.
8. Must have a thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and practices and have the interpersonal and technical skills necessary to repair mechanical, electrical and instrumentation problems in a positive and professional manner.
9. Must be able to react to refrigeration breakdowns and equipment problems in a proficient and positive manner.
10. Position’s greatest challenge is to assist in improving overall efficiencies through effective mechanical, electrical and instrumentation troubleshooting and repair.
11. Position holder must have the ability to effectively communicate with project engineers to ensure that all packaging projects meet packaging technical objectives.
12. In order for an applicant to be awarded a job bid as machine shop specialist, one must have performed work as an ‘A’ machinist or have comparable experience and/or demonstrated abilities.
13. One must successfully pass an exam that encompasses all technical aspects of the machine shop specialist position as defined by the multi-skill commission.
14. One must possess the ability and willingness to learn and practice new skills at an accelerated pace.
15. Position holder must possess a positive attitude and be self-motivated. He/she must be willing to work in all facets of the mechanical, electrical and instrumentation arena so as to upgrade his/her overall skill base.
1. Reports to a maintenance supervisor and interacts with all hourly and salaried maintenance and production personnel.
2. Quickly and accurately troubleshoot and repair all plant and packaging refrigeration & HVAC problems.
3. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance on all processing systems and packaging refrigeration & HVAC equipment.
4. Work with the maintenance and engineering in developing and implementing new ideas that will help drive improved productivity.
5. Ensure that all spare parts stocking levels are adequate to fully support all supported equipment.
6. Routinely inspects refrigeration and HVAC equipment and makes any adjustments to maintain proper operating temperature and humidity within the plant.
7. Actively participate in an aggressive self-development training program that will be designed to dramatically increase one’s technical proficiencies.
8. Operates, maintains and repairs plant refrigeration, HVAC and dehumidification systems. Including electronic and pneumatic control systems.
9. Perform regular reviews of system performance, identifying problems and concerns and recommending and/or implementing technological changes to improve overall performance.
10. Position will be able to work on all facets in the refrigeration & HVAC arena.
11. Actively participate in an aggressive self-development training program that will be designed to dramatically increase one’s technical proficiencies.
Company Wide Policies
1. Complies with all government regulations pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
2. Attends start of shift QCD meetings and discuss suggestion and safety issues when appropriate.
3. Complies with all company rules, policies, procedures, and programs.
4. Assists in supporting the company's preventative maintenance program.
5. Maintains company standards for housekeeping in everyday work routine.
6. Successful completion of Respirator medical evaluation, training and fit testing required. Fit testing requires an employee to be clean-shaven. In lieu of fit testing, the employee must wear the Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
7. Qualify for operating Fork Truck, Trash Tug, Bob Cat, Floor Scrubber and Lift Equipment.
8. Plant GMP/PPE Compliance
9. Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) standards as outlined in the plant’s QRMP accountability document, including the implementation, improvement and ongoing maintenance
1. Occasional exposure to seasonal conditions such as rain, snow, wind, humidity and sun.
2. Standing, occasional walking, some lifting, and ascending and descending stairs. Exposure to seasonal temperatures. Working around moving equipment, operating stand up truck, working from ladders.
Personal Protective Equipment
The personal protective equipment described here are representative of those an employee must/might use to successfully perform the functions of this job safely.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear company authorized safety shoes; regularly required to use company authorized hearing protection. The employee is frequently required to wear company-authorized safety glasses; frequently required to wear gloves. The employee is occasionally required to use a respirator. Hairnets and beard nets are required.
Interview Type- Group Interview after the test
There is an mechanical assessment (multiple choice) and a refrigeration test. This site deals with a large amount of coolant.
HVAC Refrigeration Technician
Salem County, NJ - hvac, refrigeration, conditioning,...
Felton, DE - welding, machinist, structural, machining, field,...
Full-Time: Lyft Driver - Area
Alloway, NJ - maintenance supervisor, custodian, courier, hvac,...
Plant/ Maintenance Engineering Technician - (Packaging)
Dover, DE - piping, instrumentation, pipe, sheet metal,...
Residential / Light Commercial HVAC Installer
Middletown, DE - installer, hvac, journeyman, applicant, light,...
Lead HVAC Technician
Elkton, MD - hvac, welding, refrigeration, osha, electrical,...
Bel Air, MD - refrigeration, welding, mechanic, hvac,...