Our client is seeking a Sr. MTS, Software Engineer (Geo-distributed object storage)
This position is part of our client’s Data Services organization and is responsible for building geo-distributed systems and services to store, process, analyze and provide access to petabytes of images and videos across the whole of our client’s company and across multiple devices in real time. They have designed and built all of their systems in-house to achieve the scale and reliability they need. They are very fast paced and their engineers are exposed to the latest in agile methodologies, collaborative work setup, short release cycles, end to end ownership including devops, data driven decisions and strong positive team culture. They use the latest in cloud, data-center and open source technologies and also encourage contributing back. They are looking for hands-on senior engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, high performance storage architectures, cloud databases and have the ability to work across stack to influence new features and technology. You will be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, from inception, design, implementation and automating daily operations.
Own technical architecture, design and development of distributed object store to meet demands
Influence the support growth and adoption of technology across the organization and partner teams.
Push towards operational excellence via full automation of monitoring, housekeeping and remediation tasks.
Mentor, hire and grow engineers in technical and operational excellence
- Bachelors Degree
- 4-5 years software design and development experience in any high level language like C/C++/Java/Scala preferably in high traffic online organization
- Experience working with distributed systems and knowledge of related algorithms and design patterns desired
- Strong fundamentals in computer science, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with systems internals, networking and passion for operational excellence desired
- Flexible, adaptable and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
San Jose, CA - mds, emc, cisco, storage, cabling, backup,...
OSS Specialists -, CA
San Jose, CA - storage, engineers, data management, specialists,...
San Jose, CA - storage, systems, architect, software, hardware,...
Principal Big Data Engineer
Santa Clara, CA - data, hadoop, engineer, java, storage,...
Windows Storage Applications Developer (C++)
San Jose, CA - semiconductor, controller, sas, windows, c++,...
Storage Software Engineer (Intern)
San Jose, CA - storage, sas, software, semiconductor, intern, lab,...
San Jose, CA - emc, cabling, admin, engineer, administrator,...