Full-Time Medical Technologist needed at a TOP hospital in a beautiful area of Florida !
- Performs chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices to determine presence of abnormalities. Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using automated and microscopic techniques and procedures. Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests. Cultures, isolates, gram stains body fluids, exudates, tissue samples to assist in identifying bacterial pathogens.
- Ensures correct operation of analyzers and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; and monitoring equipment inventories.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests from external and internal clients. Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures. Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
- 8 or 12 hour shifts
* Associate/Bachelor degree in clinical laboratory, chemical or biological science or completion of ninety (90) semester hours of academic credit required for licensure as a technologist.
* One year experience in three (3) or more areas of a laboratory.
* Current Florida license as a Medical Technologist in three or more specialty areas. ASCP or equivalent and Supervisors License.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits. For more information, please submit your resume for review!