Job Description - Transmission Line Civil Engineer
We are partnered with a nationally-recognized provider of full-service engineering and design services. They are an engineering-based consulting firm with an unwavering commitment to quality, reliability, effective communication and value-added solutions with a corporate goal to engineer, enhance, and improve built environments that exceed expectations.
They provide engineering, construction support, commissioning, facility support, energy management, environmental, LEED certification, central plant and renewable energy services to private and public sector markets. We are hiring for several Transmission Line Civil Engineering roles for various US NE locations including PA
Transmission Line Civil Engineer - Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
1. taking an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution.
2 working on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of transmission line and related civil engineering issues.
3 preparing technical reports and construction documents (meeting client and internal requirements).
4. developing your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers and train and mentoring junior staff.
5. traveling to client sites as needed.
Qualifications needed for our Transmission Line Civil Engineer:
1. A BSCE, BSCET, or related engineering degree from an ABET-accredited civil engineering program is required.
2. Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE / EIT) examination is required.
3. Professional Engineering Registration (P.E.) with responsible-in-charge experience is strongly preferred.
4. Six (6) or more years’ progressive experience in the power delivery field designing transmission lines and associated structures.
5. Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
6. Experience tracking project information such as: schedules and expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client interface.
7. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
8. Experience in preparing calculation packages and design drawings.
9. Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
10. Experience with industry software (RISA 3D, STAAD, PLS-CADD, Tower, Pole, LPile) is required.
11. Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Valued but not required skills and experience for our Transmission Line Civil Engineers:
1. Experience using AutoCad and MicroStation software.
2. Knowledge of design techniques and tools involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
3. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment
Salary and Benefits attached to our Transmission Line Civil Engineering roles:
- Competitive base salary DOE (minimum 6 yrs. exp.)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401K etc.)
- Relocation Assistance
- Career growth plan designed for you (from day#1 on the job)
- Career recognition
- The ability to work with newer engineering technologies and methodologies
Contact: Betty M Scott
National Hiring Mgr.
646 250 8103
bettys (at sign) hire4group dot com
Transmission & Civil Engineers - private and public sector markets
Philadelphia, PA - civil, civil engineering, engineering,...
Manager - Civil Engineering (Coordination)
Philadelphia, PA - civil, civil engineering, construction, autocad,...
Feasterville-Trevose, PA - civil engineering, civil, attorney, civil engineer,...
Enterprise Business Architect
Philadelphia, PA - enterprise, technology, line, architect, it,...
Manager Civil Engineering Coordination
Philadelphia, PA - civil, civil engineering, construction,...
Philadelphia, PA - civil, autocad, 3d, wastewater, structural,...
Sr Analyst IT
Philadelphia, PA - it, compliance, solutions, law, primary,...