1) Interviews, hires, and evaluates staff.
2) Manages/provides direction to nursing staff of the center.
3) Determines staffing patterns and required personnel complements to meet the needs of the patient
4) Promotes the development of self-managed teams engaging unit based staff in the decision-making
5) Delegates responsibility and authority to appropriate staff and develops systems for effective follow
6) Provides opportunities for staff to participate in decisions related to the Center.
7) Plans, directs and participates in regularly scheduled meetings to share information and problem
8) Implements corrective action according to hospital policy, as needed.
9) Coordinates orientation plan for all new practice staff
10) Collaborates with educational resources to facilitate learning experiences for staff.
11) Coordinates Per Diem staffing for practice coverage.
Clinical Operations Management/Administration & Business
1) Maintains a safe environment for patient/staff while executing daily operational activities
2) Consults with all unit-based practice nursing staff.
3) Considers feedback from consumers/personnel and initiates corrective action as indicated.
4) Interprets and enforces with staff and others the appropriate use of equipment, supplies, and
5) Collaborates with Clinical Administration in preparation and management of
6) Collaborates with Clinical Administration in identifying and prioritizing capital budgetary
7) Participates in planning current and long-term projects to improve the operation of the center
8) Proactively seeks and acts upon patient, families and staff feedback and initiates appropriate
9) Accountable for hospital and regulatory standards necessary for effective ambulatory care practice functioning materials/supplies budget and the physical environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of
clinical and administrative constituencies in a diverse community
Must have full understanding of overall business processes and ambulatory operations.
Ability to build and gain consensus.
Ability to work effectively within the MGH and EH health system’s decision-making and organizational
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing
and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Ability to assess business processes and develop improvement plans to optimize efficiency,
throughput and quality of care.
Exhibits a respectful, constructive, and energetic management style.
Ability to work effectively in matrix organizations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
1) Licensure as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
2) Certification in Oncology Nursing (OCN) preferred or currently working towards acquiring OCN
Degree in Nursing from NLN approved SON
Current Massachusetts licensure as a registered nurse
Minimum of 5 Years relevant nursing experience
Six to eight years of progressive experience in healthcare management
Previous resource/management experience
Registered Nurse - Nurse Manager
Needham, MA - nurse manager, diem, nurse, healthcare, nursing,...
Clinical Nurse Manager/Home Health
Needham Heights, MA - nurse manager, clinical nurse, nurse, direct care,...
Intensive Care Unit Nurse Manager
Nashua, NH - nurse manager, manager, clinical, nurse, care,...
Nurse Manager ICU Critical Care
Groton, MA - nurse manager, manager, critical care, nurse,...
Unit Nurse Manager - RN - Full-Time - Avery Manor
Needham, MA - nurse manager, supervisor, manager, nurse,...
Critical Care Nurse Leader
Boston, MA - nurse manager, assistant, manager, nurse, leader,...
Medical-Surgical Nurse Manager
Boston, MA - nurse manager, nurse, manager, medical, surgical,...