Local Restaurant Group hiring Director of Facilities & Construction
As the Director of Facilities and Construction, you will provide leadership and management oversight of all aspects of construction and property maintenance to ensure that our restaurants are in the best operating condition at all stages of their life cycle. This position plays a key role on the Construction Team in achieving all goals and objectives related to new restaurant construction, remodeling projects, and facility repairs and maintenance.
• Report to the Head of Construction. Work with the Construction Team and the Chief Innovation Officer to develop short and long term Construction and Facilities objectives that are in line with the company core values of commitment to excellence, continuous improvement, and fanatical attention to detail.
• Lead the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans to achieve construction, remodeling, maintenance, and repair objectives.
• Work with the Head of Construction on the entire construction process from the qualifying of general contractors through the opening of the restaurant. This includes: developing and establishing policies/procedures, budgeting, bidding and awarding projects, milestone site visits, and closeout.
• Work with Construction Team and Operations Team to ensure all restaurants are up to standard. Conduct quarterly Repairs and Maintenance walkthroughs of restaurants and ensure all Repairs and Maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
• Approve repair/replacement decisions for major building systems. Select most cost-effective products, systems, contractors, and warranties to ensure long term protection of company assets.
• Engage in and oversee contract negotiations as required to minimize or eliminate project risk during the permitting, designing, and delivering of finished product.
• Apply engineering or architectural knowledge to the resolution of complex design and construction problems.
• Optimize internal facility management through education of restaurant maintenance personnel in restaurant level activities.
• Collaborate with representatives from the Construction Team, Finance, and Operations to establish Repairs and Maintenance budgets on an annual basis.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
• Ability to build solid internal and external relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize, time manage, and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under pressure.
• Ability and desire to learn and understand various Federal, State, and County codes and regulations involving construction, restaurant operations, installation, fire, safety and sanitation.
• Ability to manage and direct financial analysis around scope of work.
• Ability to source continually competitive bidding and negotiate effectively.
• Demonstrates excellent analytical, decision-making, and project management skills.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of restaurant construction, food service equipment, facilities management, mechanical systems and procedures; and building and health codes.
• College Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field preferred.
• 2+ years of construction project management, architectural project management or multi-unit facilities management required.
Presented by Tom Bull with Gecko Hospitality
Construction Project Support Administrator
Springfield, VA - administrator, construction, veterinary,...
Construction Project Manager
Springfield, VA - veterinary, construction, construction project,...
Construction Project Manager (Pre-Construction)
Washington, DC - estimator, construction project, construction,...
Construction Project Manager
Washington, DC - construction project, construction,...
Director of Maintenance
Hyattsville, MD - group, maintenance, director, transportation,...
Rockville, MD - validation, facilities, instrumentation, devices,...
Director of Restaurant Operations
Arlington, VA - director, 100k, operations, bar, auto, restaurant,...