Project Engineer – Power & Water Solutions – Houston, Texas
We are a prestigious engineering consulting company that is growing rapidly and needs to add FOUR (4) new Project Engineers to upgrade environmental standards and service many of our nation’s fossil-fuel fired power plants.
Our role as Project Engineer (Power & Water Solutions) requires:
- 10+ year experienced,
- BS in Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Project Engineers with experience in control systems and strategies in a power industry
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions of this Project Engineer (Power & Water Solutions):
The successful candidate will be an essential part of Power & Water Solutions growing Field Engineering Group and should have:
- strong power plant startup skills
- good understanding of power plant control philosophies
- technical leadership
- project management
- project design
- project implementation (database, logic, and graphics)
- site installation, checkout, and startup for the Ovation control system.
- Excellent communication skills since you represent the group at both internal and external meetings.
Other responsibilities this Project Engineer (Power & Water Solutions) roll include:
Project management skills
- Project coordination and scheduling
- Lead meetings and issue meeting minutes
- Design/Review/Implement/Test power plant controls
- Development of control system database
- Development of control system controls
- Development of control system graphics
- Support installation, startup and commission activities
- Provide technical direction and engineering support
- Provide marketing and field support
- Support of site walk downs and identify cost estimates for the retrofit engineering and installation efforts
- Develop specifications for third party vendors
- Evaluate bids from installation contractors
- Develop and maintain customer relations
- Good oral and written communications skills
The position requires a BS in Engineering or the equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant experience. Knowledge of control strategies found in the power industry is a plus.
The position requires 85% travel.
Candidates should apply with resume that outlines:
- a step-by-step example of a project/system where their role was to design the controls and hardware.
- Please include DCS type, I/O count, specific role in project
Benefits this Project Engineer (Power & Water Solutions) will receive:
Salary: 90 – 100K (Depending on background and experience)
Betty M. Scott
National Recruiter & HR Partner
646 250 8103
ANALYST, POWER OPERATIONS - NRG POWER UP ROTATIONAL PROGRAM
Houston, TX - plant, power, cleaner, solar, engineering, project,...
Houston, TX - scrum, analyst, sprint, scrum master, case,...
Senior Business Analyst
Houston, TX - solar, sap, cleaner, hp, online, mis, translation,...
Analyst/Associate, Commercial Management - NRG Power Up Rotational
Houston, TX - plant, solar, power, project, engineering,...
Senior DCS Project Engineer
Houston, TX - project engineer, engineer, plc, honeywell, dcs,...
Project Engineer- Recent Construction/Engineering Grads Sought
Houston, TX - project engineer, engineer, construction,...
Electrical Avionic Project Engineer
Houston, TX - project engineer, flight, electrical, engineer,...