Physician needed! Job #2371
Location: Port Isabel, Texas
The incumbent Physician is responsible for the provision of direct medical care to detainees in an ICE facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts a program of primary medical care with responsibility for examination, diagnosis and treatment of detainee patients.
2. Provides medical treatment and advice to patients as indicated. Secures case history and related pertinent information. Examines patients, utilizes laboratory and x-ray diagnostic tests, interpreting results for differential diagnosis; diagnoses ailment(s) and performs necessary treatment, carrying out such follow-up treatment as may be medically indicated. Refers patients with conditions/treatments which are beyond scope of the on-site intermediary level infirmary to
an appropriate off-site medical facility for care or refers for consultation to medical, surgical or other adjunct services those patients the Physician is not qualified to treat or for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures.
3. Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
4. Seeks advice and consultation as required.
5. Provides professional supervision to the assigned staff of nurses, physician assistants and other para-professionals.
6. Directs and participates in preventive health programs such as immunization, disease detection and disease prevention activities.
7. Participate in Quality Assurance program.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Incumbent must meet one of the following requirements:
1. Graduation with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a US or Canadian school as approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals, American Medical Association in the list published for the incumbent's year of graduation, and have an unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
2. Graduation with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a medical school other than one covered by the above (including foreign schools), provided that the medical education and the knowledge acquired is substantially comparable and equivalent to that of graduates of approved medical schools. Such comparability may be evidenced by permanent and full or unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
ICE Sites **
* Needs to be a US citizen
* Must be board Certified
* Must meet SOW
* Able to pass a background check
* Current on all government loans
* Board Certified in EM, Internal Medicine or General (Can be board certified in a different area but board eligible in any of these areas)
* Must hold a license in the state
Health Care Providers would be working in a detention center setting. (ICE Homeland security). Clinic is open 24/7 so they would have to be open to rotating shifts
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. Licensed Physician.
2. US Citizen.
3. Board Certified in EM, Internal Medicine, or General.
4. Clean license and background check.
5. Open to rotating shifts.
Please send resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment and include salary, phone number and reference Job #2371. Candidates must also provide responses to the employer's BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS which are numbered and listed above!
CDL A Delivery Truck Driver
Fellsmere, FL - working, examiner, perform, procedures, able,...
Real Time Scheduler
Houston, TX - scheduler, trading, h1b, hair, power, commodity,...
Physician / Internal Medicine / Texas / Locum or Permanent / Urgent
TX - doctor, medicine, medical, associates, staffing,...
Internal Medicine Physician General Internist - Physicians Only
South Padre Island, TX - medicine, internal medicine, physician, neurology,...
Physician - MD
Bayview, TX - md, visa, hospitalist, medicine, physician, 3rd,...
Internal Medicine Physician - MD
Bayview, TX - md, medicine, visa, internal medicine, hospitalist,...
Pulmonary Medicine Physician Critical Care Pulmonologist - Physicians
Harlingen, TX - physician, cerner, ed, medicine, doctors, icu,...