Our company has been engaged to identify hard working Logistics Support Specialist for one of our biggest clients in manufacturing industry.
DURATION: 4 month contract
LOCATION: Duluth, GA 30096, USA
• Manage loading of all daily and RFP(request for proposal) level rates into the various systems of the company.
• Maintain route guide integrity of all modes through various rate, carrier, and site changes throughout the year.
• Utilize data and reporting to successfully initialize, track, and complete truck and intermodal rate requests.
• Collect, analyze, and negotiate transportation rates through daily and weekly sourcing.
• Analyze costs and carrier service in order to make recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
• Support mode managers with report development, mode analytics, RFP analysis, data management, etc.
• Participate in carrier meetings to better understand supplier/vendor relationships and how it affects the company.
• Conduct monthly rate comparisons of procured rates to rates entered into the company's system and third party systems to ensure accurate upload.
• Manage and streamline the Freight Procurement bi-annual rate audit with Ernst & Young.
• Solicits rate quotes from carriers based on new lane requests from sales and operational stakeholders.
• Provide rate estimates for new business opportunity with same day turnaround.
• Work with IT on ways to improve the route guide and enhance integration into the company's systems.
• Work with Freight Audit & Pay on any carrier rate discrepancies and adjust any systems with updated rates as needed.
• Manage the process of sending out rate addendum’s to our transportation vendors
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, or engineering is preferred.
• Prior experience with rate/route guide management preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Microsoft Office suite software skills required.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We’re excited to work with you.
Sales & Supply Support Specialist
- support specialist, trainer, supply, space,...
Specialist - Network Support
Norcross, GA - support specialist, network, support,...
Customer Service & Sales Support
GA - support specialist, switchboard, desk, sales,...
Remote Clinical Applications Support Specialist- Patient Monitoring
GA - support specialist, application support, remote,...
Specialist - Network Support
Norcross, GA - support, team, network, support specialist, well,...
Product Support Specialist
Alpharetta, GA - support specialist, voip, telecom, technical lead,...
Technical Support Specialist
Buford, GA - programmer, tech, support specialist, software,...