Our company has been engaged to identify hard working Logistics Support Specialist for one of our biggest clients in manufacturing industry.
DURATION: 4 month contract
LOCATION: Duluth, GA 30096, USA
• Manage loading of all daily and RFP(request for proposal) level rates into the various systems of the company.
• Maintain route guide integrity of all modes through various rate, carrier, and site changes throughout the year.
• Utilize data and reporting to successfully initialize, track, and complete truck and intermodal rate requests.
• Collect, analyze, and negotiate transportation rates through daily and weekly sourcing.
• Analyze costs and carrier service in order to make recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
• Support mode managers with report development, mode analytics, RFP analysis, data management, etc.
• Participate in carrier meetings to better understand supplier/vendor relationships and how it affects the company.
• Conduct monthly rate comparisons of procured rates to rates entered into the company's system and third party systems to ensure accurate upload.
• Manage and streamline the Freight Procurement bi-annual rate audit with Ernst & Young.
• Solicits rate quotes from carriers based on new lane requests from sales and operational stakeholders.
• Provide rate estimates for new business opportunity with same day turnaround.
• Work with IT on ways to improve the route guide and enhance integration into the company's systems.
• Work with Freight Audit & Pay on any carrier rate discrepancies and adjust any systems with updated rates as needed.
• Manage the process of sending out rate addendum’s to our transportation vendors
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, or engineering is preferred.
• Prior experience with rate/route guide management preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Microsoft Office suite software skills required.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We’re excited to work with you.
Deskside Support Specialist - Long Term (ATL)
Alpharetta, GA - support specialist, support, ticketing, specialist,...
Manager, Global Freight & Logistics
Alpharetta, GA - chain, rfp, logistics, supply chain, supply,...
Global Logistics Analyst
Alpharetta, GA - logistics, pl, analyst, warehouse, audit, cycle,...
Intern - Data Management- Analytics
Norcross, GA - supply, ship, logistics, internship, summer, water,...
Intern - Finance
Norcross, GA - ship, supply, logistics, internship, summer, water,...
SR MGR LOGISTICS
Atlanta, GA - logistics, environmental, chain, mgr,...
Registered Principal Support Specialist
Duluth, GA - support specialist, rep, principal, securities,...