DCS & I&C Project Engineering – Chicago, IL # 1122
We are a world-wide engineering consulting firm who continue to expand as we add more satisfied clients to our list. We are hiring for I&C DCS experienced engineers for Chicago facilities. We offer a wide range of opportunities depending on your experience (from as low to 1 solid year up to a lifetime of career experience). The salary will depend upon your experience but this extraordinary client will offer these opportunities to a wide range of experience, as low as 1 solid year and up to a lifetime of career experience.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions of our DCS & I&C Engineers:
• Conduct field site walk-downs and meet with clients to identify best-methods of upgrading/expanding existing Ovation DCS control systems to meet client identified scopes of work utilizing previous process experience and knowledge.
• Work with sales force to propose detailed solutions, both budgetary and final scopes.
• Work with Project Manager and establish detailed design team requirements and hold internal project initiation meetings for awarded projects.
• Perform site walkdown and coordinate/document client kickoff meeting.
• Perform detailed implementation of scopes of work including database, hardware ordering and tracking, configuration drawings, control strategy implementation, and graphical design and testing.
• Coordinate and perform engineering testing prior to and with the client during Factory Testing.
• Support field installation and commissioning activities.
• Develop/mentor less experienced engineers in process and control application aspects of small project execution within the field service group.
• Maintain all project records with existing document control methodology.
Knowledge of the following areas is required for all our DCS & I&C Engineering Professionals:
• Distributed Control System architecture and implementation processes.
• Process system knowledge of power plant systems, chemical or process systems, and/or water treatment systems.
• Experience in relational database (MS Access) and spreadsheets with data manipulation.
• Familiarity with NFPA and NEC standards and codes.
• Familiarity with PLC implementation software and methods including ladder logic, function block, and structured text implementation.
• Experience with Allen Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500 series, and Contrologix PLCs and programing is advantageous.
The position requires travel within the Central US Region.
Educational Requirements for our DCS & I&C Engineering roles:
1. BS degree in engineering/technology or computer science or the equivalent and a minimum of 6 years controls engineering experience within the power, chemical, water industries.
2. Proficient with MS Suite
Salary that our DCS & I&C Engineering enjoy:
1. Base Salary --- $90 – 99K (6 – 15 years experience)
2. Full Benefit Package – Medical, Dental, Optical
5. Company vehicle
6. Relocation available for the right candidate
7. Other perks
Applying for this role:
Please send your cover letter along with an updated resume to Betty M Scott, Recruiting Manager bettys(at sign) hire4group.com then call 646 250 8103 (2 – 3 hrs. after your application
Architectural Sales, Hartford, CT #1387
Hartford, CT - architectural, aluminum, construction, sales,...
Sr. Field Engineers - DCS, I&C & Ovation - 3 in PA #1147
Newark, NJ - dcs, instrumentation, field engineer, engineer, c,...
DCS & I&C Project Engineering Chicago, IL # 1122
Chicago, IL - power plant, plc, dcs, commissioning, chemical, c,...
Electrical Engineer - Heavy PLC and HMI, Cleveland OH, #1388
Bridgeport, OH - electrical engineer, plc, hmi, engineer, aerospace,...
CREO Design Engineer (Contract to hire), Colchester, IL --- #1367
Colchester, IL - design engineer, welding, agricultural, engineer,...
Melrose Park, IL - dcs, technician, server, apex, hardware, doc, ot,...
Chicago, IL - project, account, troubleshooting, small, client,...