Our client, located in Somerset, NJ has several openings for Material Handlers/ Record Center Specialists.
These are long term opportunities and possible temp to hire for the right person!
In this position, you will have to kneel, squat, reach, and bend forward frequently throughout the shift.
The primary tasks include the moving, arranging, lifting and loading of storage boxes, bins and totes. Boxes, bins and totes range in weight from 24lbs 50lbs. Employees move boxes manually and via hand carts.
Our client will fully train staff to work efficiently and welcome you to a site tour before starting on the position.
We are encouraging candidates with experience working in large supermarkets/box retailers – restocking shelves or candidates with experience in manual labor such as loading/unloading in warehouse facilities.
Job Summary/Work Schedule
Normal Work Schedule: 5 days a week, 9 hours a day including 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
Monday-Friday: 9AM-5:30 PM
Pay Rate: $13.00 /hr
*These are walk-on positions and start ASAP!*
Description of position and job requirements:
Employees process orders and move boxes of files, books, binders and other materials.
The work will require manual lifting, carrying, and moving/arranging of boxes while standing, stooping, crawling, kneeling and twisting.
Employees must be able to lift and carry boxes ranging in weight from 24-50lbs on a regular basis, without assistance.
Employees must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks while walking on uneven and concrete surfaces.
- Walk, stand, kneel, squat, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry boxes including up and down inclines, stairs, and over changes in walking surface/elevation
- Lift and move boxes, read labels, and process incoming and outgoing orders.
- Operate hand held scanner
- Climb and balance on Ladder Carts (not step ladders)
- Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance for prolonged periods
- Employee must be able to load, operate and move hand carts, pallet jacks and various other material handling aids
- Load and shrink wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts
- Load boxes onto pallets and load pallets onto trucks manually and with material handling aids
Candidates interested will submit their resume to Jennifer : Jcremonesi@volt.com
Candidates will consent to:
* Criminal background check
* Drug testing
* Recent and relevant employer references
Benefits working with Volt Workforce Solutions:
* Excellent customer service and welcoming staff
* Weekly paycheck
* Direct Deposit / Money Network Card
* Medical Benefits
* Referral Bonus Program
Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire, full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant-in-Training - TPC Jasna Polana
Princeton, NJ - superintendent, golf, course, tour, assistant,...
Golf Course Maintenance Internship - TPC Jasna Polana
Princeton, NJ - superintendent, golf, course, maintenance,...
Warehouse Material Handler
Somerset County, NJ - sap, warehouse, handler, film, material handler,...
Bedminster Township, NJ - paralegal, transcription, legal, typing, books,...
Warehouse Material Handler
Somerset County, NJ - film, sap, warehouse, daily, material handler,...
Jr Material Handler Specialist
Branchburg, NJ - handler, material handler, thermal, fork, printing,...