Rene H. Rosas, CSWA**** ********* **
. • Houston, TX 77090(504) ***-****
Skilled designer and meticulous third-generation craftsman, experienced in: visual conceptualization, structural engineering, prototyping, illustration, 3D modeling, and transforming ideas into reality. Accomplished in working with creative teams on projects that range from conceptual prototypes to complete, manufactured products. Experienced in working with strict deadlines while maintaining the quality of work produced. Actively seeking a position that will utilize my years of experience in custom design and my knowledge of 3D SolidWorks modeling.
• Certified SolidWorks Associate 2010/11 ID: C-7JUVL5HRMW
• AutoCAD 2008
• Structural blueprint reading
• MIG/TIG/FCAW Welding
• HTML/Adobe Dreamweaver
• LabVIEW and OriginLab
• Custom metalworking and woodworking
• 7+ years hands on experience
• C++, Mathematica and Matlab
• Extensive knowledge of AC/DC electronics
• Microsoft Office Suite
Institute for NanoEnergy
Lead Systems Engineer and Researcher (Feb 2011–Present)
● Designed using SolidWorks, modeling and building scientific testing equipment and portable solar generators.
● Fabricated and enhanced nanocomposites, organic photovoltaics, and equipment used for testing purposes.
● Utilized knowledge of SolidWorks Weldment feature to prepare material cut lists and welding profiles for solar generator chassis along with Solar Panel racking systems.
● Engineered and fabricated transportable solar generators including all structural parts, electronics, and mechanical components; currently showcasing at several Renewable Energy Conventions. Patent App: 201*******
● Coordinated with engineers and machinist to produce accurate products.
Rene Rosas Creations
New Orleans, LA & Houston, TX
Owner (Nov 2006–May 2011)
● Designed and constructed fine furniture and cabinetry for multi-million dollar homes.
● Applied SolidWorks knowledge to generate 3D/2D models for clients and contractors.
● Managed employees and finances; increased production through delegation of duties and high attention to details.
● Directed several projects concurrently; communicated with customers to provide excellent services and products.
Milo Rosas Restoration Metairie, LA
Cabinet-Maker (Feb 2005–Nov 2006)
● Hand-crafted cabinetry and installed millwork to designer’s specifications.
● Improved production of furniture, cabinetry and millwork by hiring and directing skilled employees.
● Performed all aspects of interior finish carpentry including fitted stair treads, specialty windows, custom bookcases, shelving, and decorative handrails.
M&M Construction New Orleans, LA
(Aug 2004–Feb 2005)
● Interpreted construction blueprints for workers and facilitated a healthy working environment.
● Oversaw entire home building process from foundation pouring to end product.
University of New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
Electrical Engineering (Aug 2004–May 2006)
Physics with an emphasis on Mathematics (Aug 2008–May 2010)
University of Houston Houston, TX
Physics with an emphasis on Mathematics (Aug 2010–May 2011)
Relevant Coursework: Electricity and Magnetism I & II, Advanced Mechanics, Graduate-Level Newtonian Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Microprocessor & Electronic Apparatus Lab, Ordinary Differential Equations, and AutoCAD.